Chapter Twenty Five

I woke up early. Tobias wasn't there. I figured he was already at the compound. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I pulled my hair out of the bun and brushed it. I put it in a ponytail. I grabbed my jacket off the rack and went downstairs. Tobias was standing by the door.

"I heard you get up. You ready?" Tobias said

"Yea." I said as I put on my jacket

We walked to the compound with our fingers laced together. We walked down to the training room and trained for about 30 minutes. Then we headed to the cafeteria. The ranks would be shown in there for the last time. We set up the board.

"Let's wake the initiates." Tobias said smiling

"Who gave you bread?" I said

He laughed. We walked to the initiate dormitory. I went to the Dauntess born dormitory. I took a wooden spoon from the kitchen. I walked into the room quietly. Then I slammed the spoon against the wall and railing. Hector bolted up in his bed. The other initiates slowly rose.

"Get up. Unless you want to be factionless." I said

All the initiates jumped out of their beds and got dressed. I walked to the cafeteria balcony where I would meet Tobias. When I got up there, he was leaning against the wall. I laughed and shook my head.

"What?" Tobias said

"The Dauntless borns are pansycakes. I slammed a wooden spoon against the wall and they all jumped. " I said

I leaned against him. I heard the initiates coming in the cafeteria. After they had settled in, Tobias and I walked up to the rail.

"Initiates. Here are your ranks." Tobias said

The initiates screamed as they saw their ranks. Tobias and I looked at each other. Once the ranks were all out Tobias looked at me and nodded.

"Welcome to Dauntless!" I shouted

Tobias laced his fingers with mine and raised our arms. The Dauntless screamed. One initiate jumped up over everyone. At least he tried. He fell to the floor. I laughed. Tobias lowered our arms. We walked in hand to the training room. Zeke followed close behind.