Chapter Fifty Eight

We ran to our house. Zeke was sitting on his porch. He ran over to me when he saw us. Tobias went into the house with Natalie.

"Where have you been?" Zeke asked

He pulled me closer to him and gave me a hug. I pulled back gently.

"I had to take care of somethings." I said

Tobias came out of the house and came over to me. I slung his arm around my shoulders.

"Everything okay?" Zeke asked

"Yeah." I said

Zeke laughed and went home. Tobias and I went inside. We walked upstairs to my room. I hung up my jacket on the rack. Tobias did the same. I took out my ponytail and changed clothes. I climbed into bed and fell asleep.

*****************

Natalie, Tobias, mom, and David were standing in my doorway. They were all pale. Dead. Ghosts. Dad came over to me.

"Come home Beatrice. We need you." he whispered

"Tris. Come on. Tris." Tobias said

********************

I bolted up in bed. Tobias was sitting on the edge of my bed. He cradled me in his arms as tears fell down my cheeks.

"Come on. We have to be there early." Tobias said

<Fast Forward-2 years>

I woke to the sun shining through my window. I bolted up and got ready. I pulled my hair back and slipped my jacket on. There was a note from Tobias on the front door.

You are needed in Amity. Don't know why. Joanna wants to talk.

I walked to Amity. Joanna was waiting outside in a field. I walked over to her.

"Nice to see you Tris. I have to show you something but I need to blindfold you." Joanna said

I let her put a blindfold over my eyes. They led me somewhere. I had no idea where I was. She took my blindfold off and left. I was standing in a strange place. Someone behind me cleared their throat. I turned around. Dad. I ran into his arms.

"I missed you so much." I said through tears

"I missed you too." Dad said

We pulled away from each other. We walked to the compound.

"Is Amar here?" I asked

"No. He was shot in his truck last year."he said

"Good." I said

Dad smiled. He led me to his apartment. His apartment was the size of half of one level. It was huge. He led me to a bedroom. The walls were decorated with birds like the ones on my collar bone.

"When did you do this David? I mean dad." I said

"When you got your tattoos. This is the room I would go to if I missed you. All though that was 12 years ago." dad said

I remembered the screens and how he watched them. I thought of Tobias and Natalie. Natalie was 8 almost 9. I left them. I was starting to worry now.

"I can stay here dad. I want to but I can leave Natalie and Tobias." I said

"I wasn't planning on you staying. I'll be right back." dad said

He left and went to his bedroom. He came out 10 minutes later. He looked nothing like David. He looked more like Andrew. I smiled.

"Let's go." dad said

We walked back to the fence. We jumped over and ran back to Dauntless. We stopped at the entrance.

"For an old man, you run pretty fast." I said

We walked into the dining hall. Tobias, Natalie,Zeke, Shauna, and Uriah were siting together. There was still plenty of room at the end of the bench. I sat next to Tobias and dad sat on the end of the bench. I banged my fist on the table hard. Tobias jumped and looked up at me.

"Hello to you too. Who's your friend?" Tobias said

"This is my dad. You should know that Four." I said

Dad leaned forward and smiled. We laughed while we ate. After we finished eating, we walked to our house. Zeke, Shauna and Uriah went to their house. Tobias, Natalie, dad and I went into my house.

"We still have our old apartment if you want privacy." I said

Dad laughed.

"I can sleep on the couch Be- Tris." dad said

"I just want you to be comfortable. You are my guest." I said

I went upstairs and found and extra pillow and blankets. I brought them down to him.

"Thank you Tris." dad said

"I can't believe you're alive." I said as I winked

"I wouldn't leave my daughter alone." he said

We stood in the silence for a while.

"Well, goodnight." Dad said

"Goodnight." I said

I walked upstairs. I went into our room and hung my jacket. I pulled my hair down.