late

this takes place when they are both in college :)

katie:
I woke up surrounded by warmth. I felt Travis's arms tighten slightly around me as he buried his face in my neck. My back was pushed against his stomach and my legs were pulled up against my chest. Travis sighed behind me and I could his breath blow against the back of my neck. I let myself drift off again until a thought shook me awake.

We have work.

I checked the clock and saw that it said 8:15. Shit. I mentally started planning my whole schedule for the day, and how long each thing would take. If I got up now and made pancakes in less than 10 minutes, then I could get ready in less than 15. This would give me enough time to have Travis drive me to my first shift at 8:45 without being late.

But then there's Travis. If he could defy all odds and get up in less than 10 minutes and eat and get ready in less than 15, he could drive me and drop me off while still having time to grab his coffee. Ok, this plan will work if we get up right now and get out of bed.

"Travis," I whispered. He let out a quiet hum and clung tighter to me. "Travis we need to get up we have work." I tried straining against him but he just tightened his grip on me. "Travis come on we need to get up." I attempted sounding firm but our room was so cold and Travis was so warm. Unfortunately, he knew I was struggling because he brought me closer against him and started playing with the ends of my hair. My weakness. "We have time." He mumbled against me. I snorted and said, "We do not have time. Don't you want your morning coffee?" I hoped reminding him of his routine latte he got would wake him up but he wouldn't budge.

"I don't care about the coffee if I get to stay here longer with you." I blushed and tried once again to free myself from his arms, but he wouldn't even lighten his grip. I wrestled against him until an elbow to the stomach got him to let go. "I am going to go make breakfast and you need to be up by the time I am done ok?" Travis let out a groan but didn't move. I sighed and moved to the kitchen, praying to all the gods he wouldn't make me late.

As I was pouring the batter on the pan, strong arms wrapped around my waist. I leaned back and let Travis press a kiss against my cheek. "Thank you for getting up quickly." I said. It had actually been 7 minutes since I told him to get up and he wasn't dressed but I was going to take what I could get. "Only for you Katie Kat." He mumbled. I turned around and looped my arms behind his neck. I leaned up and pressed a kiss against his lips. He broke away for a second to say "And for my coffee."

My mouth hung open in fake hurt as he grinned at me. I turned back towards the pan to flip the pancakes. "You are getting one less pancake just for that." He laughed and I could feel his chest rumble as he did. I smiled despite myself. Travis normally made me do that. "Now take your lazy ass and go get dressed." I stated. "I seriously cannot be late again." He pressed another kiss against my cheek and I heard him mutter "Love you too." As he walked away.