CHAPTER 44

People be getting their quotes from Shakespeare and I be getting mine from fuckology😭💔😂
_________________________________________

Lily's p.o.v.

"Daddy?"

The man slowly turned around with a shocked face.

I looked between him and my mom, who had stopped crying.

"Lily..."

I ignored my mom and focused on the man who was staring at me with wide eyes.

6 years ago, when I was 10, I came back from school and walked into the biggest argument my parents had ever had.

They didn't even notice I was there, they just kept yelling as I stood at the door.

When I thought the yelling would never stop, my dad abruptly kept quiet and started heading for the door, where I was.

I looked up at him in fear and confusion.

"Daddy?"

But he just pushed past me and left without a word.

And never came back.

After that, my mom had to work extra shifts in the hospital and was barely ever home. She struggled to provide for the both of us.

Around that time, I kept wondering what my mom did to make my dad leave us, I didn't have the guts to ask, so I silently despised her.

But eventually, my hate shifted to him. How could he just leave like that? No goodbye. If I didn't come home early that day, would he have waited so I could atleast see him before he leaves? I bet not.

And now I'm seeing this same man, after so many years, I couldn't help but glare.

"Lily...you've grown so much." He said softly as he approached me but stopped in his tracks when he noticed the glare I was giving him.

"Lily, Kristine, please go to your room." My mom pleaded quietly but I wasn't having it.

"What are you doing here? Where have you been all this while? We never moved dad, we couldn't have been that hard to find, so what have you been up to? Huh? Did you suddenly remember us now?"

"Stop." He said, glaring back at me.

"You didn't stop while you walked out that door." I sneered, gesturing to the front door.

"STOP!" My dad yelled aggressively shocking everyone in the room to silence.

"YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO ME WITH SUCH INSOLENCE! I'M STILL YOUR FATHER AND YOU WILL RESPECT ME!!" He was livid now, but I just couldn't bite back my tongue, not at this point.

"YOU STOPPED BEING MY FATHER THE SECOND YOU WALKED OUT THAT DOOR! YOU EVEN HAVE THE NERVE TO COME BACK! YOU CAN'T BE MY FATHER! MY FATHER'S A MAN!!!" I yelled back but before anyone could think deeply into my words, a sharp yet painful slap was delivered to my cheek.

The whole room was silent for about ten seconds as I stared at the ground in both shock and anger.

I finally looked up at my mom to see her reaction. Instead off getting up and using her slipper on him like I expected, she just shook her head and looked away from me.

I stayed routed in my spot, finding it hard to comprehend what was happening.

I barely noticed Kristine taking my arm and dragging me upstairs.

Did he really come back, scold me for being insolent and slap me?

He had the guts to come back...and why didn't my mom tell him to get out. She's the one paying the rent. He's so stupid.