twenty-nine

The next three months went by in a blur. I was now showing my baby bump, a nice round thing on my abdomen. Clint said it wasn't even close to its biggest size yet.

Newt, of course, was considering making me work with him soon for fear of me getting hurt or hurting the baby. He was always near me from the moment I woke up to the time I got back from the maze.

Minho was a tad bit more careful when we ran but still his usual sarcastic self.

Clint and Jeff continually had me coming into the med-Jack tiny little wooden house for checkups on the baby and I.

Though, as of right now, I was just waking up and a new Greenie was due today. Newt and I had fallen asleep together outside cuddling, limbs tangled, my head against his chest and his hand on my baby bump.

"Newt" I giggled as he tugged me closer burrowing his head into my chest causing another series of giggles to escape my lips.

"Hmm...?" He mumbled, his accent thick, as he peeked down at me. His brown eyes were cloudy with sleep.

"I've gotta get up." I cooed pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

A groan escaped his lips and he pressed another kiss to my lips before sitting up and stretching before a horrified look crossed his innocent face.

"Shuck shuck shuck" He whispered looking horrified.

"What's wrong? Did I do something?" I sat up looking at him.

"It's your feet- Your feet. They're- Like fat." He said nervously, his accent thicker than ever.

"What the shuck are you-" I started but was cut off when I saw my, indeed, very fat feet.

"Go get Clint- Or Jeff. I don't know- Just get one of them now!" I exclaimed sure there was a horrified look on my face that wasn't about to come off anytime soon.

Newt ran off as best he could with his limp but Minho had indeed come over looking more disgusted than horrified.

"What the heck happened to your feet?" He questioned looking over at me without a bit of sympathy in his eyes.

"Does it look like I know slinthead?" I hissed back at him as Newt came over with both Clint and Jeff.

"Her feet? They're fat?" Clint questioned as they neared us and Minho moved out of the way so he crouched by my chest.

"Yes for the bloody thousandth time!" Newt exclaimed as Jeff knelt down by my feet everyone inspecting them while Newt attempted to explain everything that was happening.

Though, about 20 minutes later and a hell of a lot of debating, they concluded that I am no longer allowed to run anymore due to my tragic case of fat feet.

Clint said it was from me running to much and the baby weight all mixed together caused me to get "swollen feet" as he called it but Minho's solution was that my new nickname would be "Fat Feet".

So soon enough, Minho was off and into the maze while I stayed in the homestead with Newt who was fussing over the baby and I.

Alby found out soon enough though and concluded that I would not be working today or any other day until my "swollen feet" died down.

"Newt, I swear I'm fine." I pressed a light kiss to his lips and slipping my hands into his large ones.

"I'm just worried about you." He sighed, sitting down next to me and pulling me close.

"I'll be fine I promise." I whispered nestling into his lap and be buried his face into my hair taking deep breaths.

"I'm going to help Frypan today." I mumbled against his chest taking deep breaths.

"You have to stay off your feet though." He murmured planting a soft kiss to my forehead.

"I promise, don't worry." I cooed looking up and kissing him softly just as the loud horn went off signaling the new Greenie was arriving.