forty-three

I woke up a little while later, a couple people who I recognized to be Newt, Jeff, Minho, Thomas and Alby were all arguing.

"You guys she's waking up!" Thomas' voice filled my ears and I groaned softly rolling onto my side looking up at Thomas who smiled and knelt down next to me as everyone's eyes averted to me as well.

"How are you feeling?" He asked smiling and hugged me tightly, the baby kicking when he did so.

"I've been better." I whispered and giggled a bit hugging him back.

"Newt hasn't left the room since you fell asleep." He murmured before pulling away and I looked over at Newt smiling a bit and he hugged me tightly burying his face into my shoulder.

"Is everything alright now?" I whispered holding him close to me as he continued hugging me tightly.

"They think you and the baby should be alright." He cooed rubbing the baby bump smiling and he nuzzled my nose and I giggled again.

"Alright lovebirds- We've all got some work to do. Minho and Thomas, out. The doors just opened." Alby ordered and Thomas hugged me and Minho patted my head grinning before the two took off.

Jeff gave me a nod before walking out which left only Newt, Alby and I in the room.

"Tide, you're staying with Newt all day today. I don't want to see you leaving him in case something happens. And if anything, and I mean anything goes wrong. You tell him. Got it shank?" Alby asked and I smirked and saluted him.

"Aye aye captain." I teased and he rolled his eyes and walked out as Newt burst out laughing shaking his head.

"C'mon love, we've got lots to do today." He cooed taking my hands and helping me up.

As we walked outside, I got many stares from the gladers. Some were looking at me like I just ate a griever whole while others stared at me sympathetically.

I hated it.

"Newt where are we going?" I asked softly lacing our fingers together staying close to him.

"Well first to the kitchen then to the fields. After that Thomas and Minho should be coming back so you'll have plenty of company then." He said and chuckled a bit as we entered the kitchen and I giggled as well.

The place was full of the sounds of the frying pans, plates being set out and dishes being washed.

Newt moved his arm to wrap it around my waist holding me close.

"Why don't you sit down love? You have been doing a lot of walking." He cooed taking my hands and sitting me down on one of the benches of the picnic tables.

"I've got to talk to Frypan, I'll be right back." He smiled and kissed my nose before limping into the back of the kitchens.

He seemed to be getting better with his limp, or it could just be now that I know, I just notice it less.

The baby gave a soft kick and I smiled a bit rubbing my hand over the growing bump.

"Daddy's gonna be right back baby boy." I cooed and relaxed. I could enjoy this moment now, everything was peaceful, even if it wasn't going to last.