forty-one

Later that day, after Newt had gotten me out of the stupid med-Jack hut and over to the kitchens with Frypan, he mad made sure Frypan wasn't making me do anything with an oven. (He's crazy)

So here we are now, I am helping Frypan in the kitchens while Newt works in the gardens with Zart on some new plant Zart had been raving about.

"Frypan, what are we making for dinner?" I walked over to the bearded boy who would have looked much more innocent if it weren't for the beard.

"Well I was thinking we could make some steak, potatoes and carrots tonight since we're having a bonfire." He said pulling out a bag of carrots and potatoes tossing them into the table.

"Sounds good, do you want me to cut up the carrots?" I asked walking over to the bag and he nodded handing me a knife and a wooden cutting board to slice the carrots on.

"Yea, that'd be nice. I'll get the steak. Once you're done could you mash the potatoes? I'll finish everything after that, You can go with lover boy." He teased and I laughed shaking my head as I started to chop of carrots.

After about an hour into chopping up carrots, I sliced my finger open and I nearly passed out at the sight of the blood. Thankfully, nothing got on the carrots but I was more traumatized than I thought I'd ever be from seeing the blood.

Frypan had rushed me over to the med jacks where they washed off my finger and bandaged it all up before deciding I wasn't going to work in the kitchens anymore... today at least.

Thomas and Minho had some by having heard about everything that happened this morning. Everyone was talking about my breakdown and it was only a matter of time before they found out.

Thomas had a bundle of dandelions and Minho had a marker for who the hell knows what.

"So we heard you were feeling a little down..." Thomas started as they came in, both grinning.

"So we brought you gifts!" Minho exclaimed as Thomas handed me the flowers... they were weeds. And Minho knelt in front of me.

"May I?" He asked and I giggled curious as to what he was going to do so I nodded and he lifted my shirt, resting it atop the baby bump and Thomas sat down next to me as the feeling of marker on my belly started to come.

"What are you doing? You know Newt will kill you if you do something stupid." I said and laughed as Minho stuck his tongue out at me as he continued to draw.

"I love the weeds." I teased leaning against Thomas who laughed and pretended to act hurt, sticking his bottom lip out and I giggled.

"They're so pretty, just like you." I teased handing him one as Minho continued to doodle on the baby bump which I could not see anything except that it felt like he was drawing lines all over.

"I know, undeniably handsome." Thomas teased and Minho snorted pulling the marker away before grinning.

"A masterpiece." He announced taking my hands and standing me up pulling out a mirror from one of the cabinets of the medjacks table.

It revealed a smiley face with a curly hair atop its "head", it had to be the dorkiest and oddest thing I'd ever seen. I burst out laughing at the sight of it.

"Newt's gonna kill ya for that." I said as the three of us laughed at all of our crazy ways.

Minho and Thomas would be so screwed if Newt found out about this.