forty-four

As the day went on, the sun was beating down on us all so I mainly tried to stay in the shade. But, once the sun set it was like a bomb went off in the Glade.

Everyone was running around talking with one another, playing tag, eating dinner or just sitting around the fire talking.

Newt had me sitting down around the fire with Minho, Thomas, Chuck and a couple other boys who were interested in hearing our conversations.

"Has he been kicking a lot lately?" Thomas asked as he sat down on a log next to me. He had been asking questions like this every day and he was constantly making sure I was happy with Newt.

"Well he was earlier today, but not really anything since then." I said softly smiling at Thomas who nodded.

A couple of minutes of comfortable silence went by after that. Newt had gotten me to sit in his lap so he could rub the baby bump whilst Minho and Thomas ate the dinner everyone else had eaten a couple of hours ago.

Newt decided to brush his fingers across the hem of my shirt, dumbly I might add, before slipping his fingers up my shirt and tickling me. I let out a squeal and squirmed in his lap laughing as I tried to get out of his grip.

Thomas and Minho had now turned their attention to us and started laughing at my futile attempts to get away from Newt.

"Stop Newt!" I laughed as he continued, his fingers causing me so much torture.

"Thomas! Help! Minho!" I wailed laughing squirming as we drew more attention towards us.

Thomas, thankfully, was the first to help. He playfully knocked Newt over sending the both of us off the log we were sitting on.

Laughter erupted from around us and some cheers at the horrid show we had just put on for the other Gladers amusement.

"I hate you Newt." I laughed cuddling into his side as he sighed pulling me close to his side.

"I bloody love you too." He said and chuckled kissing my forehead, tingles spreading throughout my body.

"Alright shanks, time for bed." Alby called to everyone, a few people protested but we all got up and walked (well I more waddled than walked) to our beds. Newt helped me lay down on our pile of blankets before laying down behind me and pulling me close to his chest spooning me.

"Goodnight love." He murmured pressing a kiss to my hair before I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.