thirty-eight

After struggling against Thomas' and Minho's strong grips and as Newt held my hands begging me to calm down, I finally stopped once the baby started kicking like a madman.

"You lied to me." I whispered, my throat raw from all my screaming and crying. I was surprised other Gladers didn't come over from all the screaming but that wasn't what I was concerned about, I was concerned about getting the truth from Newt now.

"I promise you I was going to tell you." He said softly stepping towards me and holding my hands against his chest, Thomas and Minho still right behind me in case I decided to do something drastic again.

"You have 3 minutes to explain everything to me." I dead panned trying to stop the tears from flowing freely down my cheeks.

So he did, he explained every little thing that he could get in. From how he became a runner to how much he hated it here and how he tried to kill himself and that's why he had the limp. At that point I was crying harder and leaning against him for support as sobs wracked through my body.

"Tide shhhhhh.... Shhhhh..." He whispered rubbing my back, his face buried in my hair as I clutched him close hating the thoughts flooding through my head now.

Just the thought of Newt wanting to kill himself sent be over the edge. But after a while, my sobs died down to shallow breaths as I rested my head on his shoulder and him murmuring sweet nothings in my ear.

"I promise I'm okay now." He breathed nuzzling the crook of my neck with his nose soothingly.

A few minutes later, I found myself sound asleep against Newt leaning against him for support.

~~~~~

"Tide love, wake up."

Newt's voice filled my ears as light flooded my vision and Newt's shaggy blonde hair tickled my forehead as he pulled me close to him.

"Hmmmm...?" I groaned rolling over looking up at him and he smiled a bit. The thoughts of what he told me filled my head and I whimpered pulling him closer.

"Hey, hey, calm down alright?" He murmured rubbing my growing belly and the baby kicked against his touch.

"I don't want to lose you." I whispered softly lacing his free hand with mine as his other hand continued to run at my belly.

"And you won't, I promise." He cooed nipping at my earlobe playfully causing me to giggle and nuzzle his chest.

"He really likes you." I whispered after a few moments of him rubbing the baby bump. A grin spread across his face and his eyes noticeably lit up when he heard that.

"You think so?" He asked looking down at me and kissed me softly as I nodded giggling at his excitement.

"What did you need me up for anyways?" I whispered resting my forehead against his, gently pulling our lips apart.

"Frypan wanted your help in the kitchen tomorrow, he said he knew how bored you were and wanted a female opinion on everything." He teased and I laughed smiling. Finally. Something to do other than pick at grapes all day.

"I want to help." I giggled kissing him softly again.

This was going to be a new chapter of our relationship.

No more secrets. No more lies.

But truth be told, I don't think that's possible.