six

I woke up to Newt nuzzling my neck and murmuring for me to wake up. Groaning, I cuddled into him seeking warmth seeing as the covers on the bed were terrible.

"Wake up Tide, we have a meeting." He murmured and nipped my earlobe causing me to squeal and nuzzle his chest and he laughed.

"5 more minutes?" I whispered nuzzling his bare chest praying he would say yes.

"Nope." Laughing, he got up picking me up with him and kissing my forehead before setting me on my own two feet.

"We should be recieving supplies soon and I'm guessing you will be getting some... Girl... Things." He said and flushed before I punched his arm lightly.

"Be nice." I laughed with him as he rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand kissing it before letting it go.

"Let's go find you some clothes, there should be some by the washing building... Well hut." He chuckled taking my hand and walking me down the steps leading me outside. The sun was starting to set and Minho came running through the walls of the maze, quickly followed by a couple others.

Walking into the odd hut, it was pretty dark in there and I could barely see anything. I could make out a couple buckets and a woven basket but that was about it.

"Here, put these on." Newt said handing me some clothes. Nodding, I took off his shirt and put on the new one soon realizing they were the clothes I arrived in the glade wearing.

"Thanks." I said softly following Newt outside and into the open where a group was gather.

"Bloody hell." I heard him mutter under his breath before jogging over to the group, his limp clear now. Mabe he was a runner once?

"What's going on?" I asked walking after him as I neared the other gladers. I now noticed a row of... well it looked like small underground huts.

"What's going on?" I repeated again looking more annoyed, Minho looked at me and then tilted his head before answering.

"We're... Releasing Jack. The one who attacked you." He said simply before moving over to the cage like things as Alby, Newt, Gally and Minho pulling out a screaming and crying Jack.

I knew I paled. I could feel it. Whatever was going to happen to him would be horrible and I knew it. I caused this.

They moved him towards the walls of the maze. The sun was close to setting and the walls were surely going to close soon.

"Jack of Med-jakcs, you are banished for harming our greenie, Tide. You will be banished into the maze." Alby's booming voice echoed through the maze. Every glader now gathered around. Jack was screaming and crying begging them not to do this.

I felt sick. Why was this happening to him? He doesn't deserve this. He may have hurt me but whatever the punishment was must be severe.

"What are you doing?" I screamed suddenly as... the keepers. All of them were keepers that started to enclose on Jack as the walls started to shake.

"Please!" He screamed louder scrambling to his feet backing up ever so slowly.

The walls got closer as the keepers got even closer. Jack screamed and cried, loudly wailing as if he were a child. I would be to.

Enclosing him, he screamed as he backed into the closing walls. He was going to be crushed if he didn't move.

I had to do something. I couldn't just let him be crushed because of me.

Before my mind agreed, my feet already started to run towards the maze. Many stood there but soon strong, firm hands qrapped around my waist throwing me back sending me flying backwards.