twenty-two

Newt and I were the first to get up, Minho, Gally and Alby following close behind.

As we neared the box, Alby and Gally pulled the doors open revealing a man, drenched in blood and clawing his way out of the box.

Quickly backing up, my heart now felt as it did in the maze today. Racing.

As Gally ran to get something as the other Gladers backed up as the blood drenched man pulled himself out of the box on his own and he took off right in my direction.

"Tide move!" Minho yelled as the man tackled me to the ground, my back slamming hard against the dirt.

"We've gotta get the baby out. the baby is going to kill us! All of us!" The man screamer frantically grabbing a knife from his shirt and I did the only thing I could, I screamed.

"Tide!" Newt yelped as bodies around me started to clash and tug at my arms and legs making a blur of colors as everything faded down to one.

Black.

Floating in the darkness, faint voices were surrounding me. One of them was Newt's.

"I think she's waking up- Yea, she's waking up. Don't panic her- She needs to stay calm for her and the baby's health." Jeff's voice echoed as I opened my eyes, the dim lights of the homestead filling my vision.

"Tide baby-" Newt whispered pushing hair off my forehead as my vision focused on his innocent face. His shaggy dirty blonde hair ruffled in all directions.

"Newt." I whispered softly smiling taking his hands and squeezing them to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

"Are you feeling ok love? How about the baby?" He asked softly although it was obvious he was trying not to freak out and ask me a million questions.

"We're both alright, are you?" I asked as he moved his hands to rub along my abdomen where our baby rested.

"Yea, I'm good love." He said pressing another kiss to me but this time on my jawline.

"What happened? Did the guy leave? Where is he?" I asked as the memories of the crazy man attacking me flooded my mind.

"He's in the slammer- Alby and Gally knocked him out." Newt said as he sat down on my small bed gently grabbing my small hands and lacing our fingers together.

"Does Clint know if the baby is alright for sure?" I asked as he rubbed our intertwined hands along my abdomen.

"He thinks the baby should be fine, you didn't really hurt your stomach area at all so I think you and the baby will be good." Newt cooed and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead just as Clint and Jeff walked in, Alby following right behind.