fourteen

When Minho came in, Newt glanced up at him.

"How may I help you?" I asked looking over at Mr.Sass.

"I need Newt." He said as he looked over at Newt and I making some kind of strange hand signal.

Is he keeping things from me?

"Tide, Chuck is going to come in here and watch you for a bit. I'll be back in about 20 minutes I promise." Newt said as he rose from the unsteady wooden chair taking my hands and pressing a soft kiss to them leaving sparks there as he laid them back down before walking out with Minho.

"Chuck I need you to watch Tide for a couple minutes!" Newt's voice echoed through the thin med-Jack area.

Chuck's faint giggle echoed through the room as he came waddling in holding a bucket. He had curly brown hair, very short and a bit chubby.

He smiled at me the moment he came in and set the bucket down.

"Hi Tide." He said excitedly moving to sit down in the chair next to me.

"Hey Chuck, how are you doing?" I asked as I moved into a sitting position.

Chuck's cheeks went bright red, his dimples were adorable.

"Good as always, how about yourself?" He asked smiling even bigger.

"Good, good. Do you know where Newt is going? He just left with Minho." He looked over at me before nodding.

"He said something about Alby and a meeting. He wouldn't tell me everything though." Chuck said softly before looking up at me, hope in his eyes.

"Alright, I'll find out soon enough." A soft laugh escaped my lips as I said that.

Chuck smiled before laughing along and getting up handing me a mug.

"I thought you would like some tea for the baby." He said softly, his voice so kind.

This kid was adorable.

"Oh my, well thank you very much. I'm sure the baby will love it." I said softly taking the tea from him and pressing a light kiss to his now bright red cheek.

"Your welcome." He said shyly smiling up at me as he sat back down in the chair.

"Newt is nervous about you having the baby." He said suddenly, his voice awfully shy.

He was?

"Did he tell you that? What did he say?" I asked softly trying to contain my eagerness as I took a sip of the tea. It taste like fruits... All different kinds of them.

"He said so himself. He was talking to Alby and Minho earlier today. He said that he was worried about being a Dad and how he wasn't sure if this was the right place for a baby to grow up in." He said smiling up at me, his eyes filled with excitement as they constantly kept glancing at my belly where there currently was no baby.

"Well thank you for telling me." I said smiling at him and he nodded grinning.

"Do you think the baby will be a boy or a girl?" He asked even shyer than before.

"I'm not sure yet." I said softly to him and he nodded smiling.

"I hope it's a boy... Wait no a girl... or no a boy." He said before we both burst into laughter.

"Hey love-" Newt's voice but started just as soon as it cut off when he saw the two of us laughing.

"Hey... Newt.." I gasped in between breaths as I tried to calm myself down.

"What did you do to her this time Chuck?" Newt teased as he walked over pressing a kiss to my forehead, his lips warm and comforting against my skin.

Chuck laughed shyly before rushing... well waddling out of the room with his bucket.

"What was that about?" He asked as he laughed softly smiling at me. His arms pulled me into his lap cradling me close.

"He was talking about the baby, he thinks I'm pregnant already." I said softly, barely a whisper so Chuck wouldn't hear.

"Mmm.. Poor kid." He said and chuckled a bit taking the tea and glancing at me.

"He brought it because he thought the baby might want it." I said smiling and he nodded as he started to press light kisses to my face.