thirty-one

The next week went by fast. Thomas had somewhat grown accustomed to his baby sister being pregnant and I had grown accustomed to the fact that I was not going to be running again anytime soon.

Newt had me out in the gardens with him everyday so he could "keep an eye on me" but I still think he didn't trust me.

Today started off just like any other day. Thomas had begun the day by finding me as I slept cuddled up with Newt. Though he didn't like it, he got used to the two of us being around each other all the time.

So here we are now, Newt working on planting something that looked to be grapevines while Thomas made his way of to the slicer's building where his dreaded day would begin as he tried out being a slicer.

"Newt." I sighed leaning back on the rock I was sitting on pressing my hands to the baby bump.

"Yes, love?" He questioned taking his hands off the vines and turning towards me.

"Are you hungry? I'm getting really hungry." I said softly as my stomach growled, proving to Newt that I was, indeed, very hungry.

"Not really but if you are, we could always go get you something." He said as he laced my fingers with his.

"Could we? I'm really hungry." I murmured getting up and leaning into his chest so I could listen to the distinct beat of his heart.

"Of course love." He smiled nuzzling my hair with his nose causing a giggle to erupt from my lips.

He lead me towards the kitchen where Frypan was, cooking like a madman as Gladers brought him different vegetables and foods.

"Hey Frypan." I smiled at him as I came in holding Newt's hand.

"How's the little Newt doing?" He asked as he whizzed around the kitchen chopping up different vegetables and putting them into pots.

"He's doing good, getting a little big." I laughed softly rubbing one hand one the growing baby bump.

"I can tell. Were you hungry? I have some carrot soup if you want." He said looking over at Newt and I.

"That's perfect." I smiled and sat down at one of the tables pulling Newt so he was sitting next to me as well.

Frypan came around from one of the counters and handed me the steaming bowl of soup.

"Be careful, it's hot." He said as I set the bowl down taking a spoon from the cup of utensils in the center of the table.

"Mkay, thanks Frypan." I smiled and he nodded before disappearing back into the kitchen leaving Newt and I alone.

"So how are you feeling?" Newt asked for what had to be the thousandth time this morning.

"Very good, the baby is getting pretty big though." I giggled taking his hand and pressing it to the growing bump on my abdomen.

"I can tell." He smiled kissing my cheek lovingly.

"Mmmmm... You know I love it when you do that." I cooed and took a sip of the soup the warm contents heating my body up.

Newt smiled rubbing the baby bump as a sudden foreign movement came from the bump.

"Was that... Bloody hell did he just..? Was that the baby?"