seven

The next morning, I woke up earlier than usual. The sun was just coming up and Newt was holding me close snoring softly, his face buried in my hair, his breaths were hot against my thick hair.

Smiling, I squirmed a bit releasing myself from his cage like grip and stood up stretching and walking outside.

No one would be up this early- Nevermind. Minho would, of course.

He was standing near the walls of the maze stretching, bent over and touching the ground as he stretched his legs.

"What are you doing up this early?" I asked as I walked closer to him, Newt's shirt brushing my thighs with every step I took.

"The maze will open in a minute." He said simply as he sat down and leaned over touching his toes.

"And why do you bother waking up so early?" I crossed my arms over my chest to stop myself from shivering as the cold morning air hit me.

"Because, I have to run my section today." He said sitting up then leaning over and bending over touching his left foot.

"What about Jack?" I asked suddenly, Newt said he would be back soon.

"I don't know nor do I really care. If he comes back I'd stay out of his way, he's probably gonna try to kill you again." He said and pushed his feet together causing himself to look like a horrible butterfly.

"Mhm" I muttered as I sat down next to him before doing the same stretch he was doing and heard a couple cracks as I pushed my knees to the ground.

"You cracked your groin." He laughed causing me to laugh as well. His laugh was contagious.

"That sucks." I laughed leaning back as a loud rumble started and the walls shook slowly opening.

I put my hands over my ears as the walls opened and looked away as leaves flew at us.

As the rumble subsided I stood up as Minho continued stretching.

I looked at the opening in the walls.

Jack's body was smashed in between.

I screamed as I watched the horror in front of me. Blood and guts were at rushed together along with skin and hair.

Minho's arms were quickly around me whipping my body around and pushing me away from the horror.

"He's crushed! Did you see that?" I screamed at him, tears in my eyes threatening to spill over any second.

"Yes yes I saw now sit down while I go get Newt." He said with a groan and took off running as I looked around seeing other Gladers crowded around the sight. I must have woken them up.

Newt and Minho soon appeared, Minho ran back over to the scene to help Alby calm everyone down as Newt pulled me up and into his warm embrace.

"He 's crushed" I mumbled against his chest as tears started to come out landing against his chest.

"Shhhh... Shhhh... Don't think about that." He murmured one hand rubbing my back as the other stroked my hair.

His arms relaxed around me as I relaxed into him. He pressed little kisses to my hair as I took deep breaths calming myself down.

Whimpering as a loud siren type buzz went off and Newt took my hands leading me over to the box I came out of in the beginning.

More Gladers quickly gathered around looking confused as Alby and Gally pulled the doors of the box open. Newt jumped down landing in a crouch.

There was a note on the floor and a couple boxes in there aswell. Newt picked up the note and read it aloud.

"Wicked Is Good. There are notes hidden all over as to clues of what Miss.Tide is here for. Look and you will find your answer." He read and everyone's attention turned towards me.