thirty-two

Of course, as soon as our baby kicked for the first time, Newt and I were ecstatic. Newt would barely let me move as he wanted to feel the baby kicking so we sat there for about an hour just letting the baby kick as Newt knelt in front of me, one hand on the baby bump, the other hand holding my knees apart from each other.

Soon, other Gladers came in and word quickly spread that the baby was kicking and soon enough. The entire Glade was in the kitchen wanting to feel the baby kick or just wanting some of Fry Pans food.

Newt had moved to sit next to me lovingly lacing our fingers together as Glader's felt the baby bump, but the baby had calmed down to only kicking once every couple of minutes.

A few minutes after the crowd had started to disperse and go to eat, Thomas and Minho came barging in.

"He started kicking?!" Minho yelled running over to me, his body drenched in sweat as Thomas came over right behind him.

"Yea, about an hour ago." I laughed smiling up at Minho who pressed a hand to my belly and the baby shifted noticeably underneath his touch as Thomas knelt down by me aswell pressing one of his hands to my growing belly as well.

"And what's up with everyone thinking it's a he?" I questioned looking around the room only getting a few shrugs.

"I don't know- He's an aggressive little thing. I'm sure he's a boy." Minho stated rubbing his hands all over the baby bump trying to get the baby to kick some more as Thomas did the same.

"Aggressive? He just started kicking:" I laughed shaking my head and leaning into Newt who wrapped his arms around me protectively.

"See, you just said he." Thomas pointed out grinning up at me causing another laugh to escape my lips.

"You guys are so mean to me." I laughed as Minho snickered with Thomas, the two continuing to rub the baby bump as they rubbed and the baby gave one hard kick earning a grunt from me and a yelp of surprise from both Thomas and Minho.

"What happened?" Newt asked worriedly looking at me as I ran my hands over the spot that our baby had just kicked at.

"He kicked hard." Thomas stated looking up at me worriedly as well.

"Told you the kid was aggressive." Minho said as Clint came over looking slightly worried.

"Do you want any medications?" He asked squatting down in front of me so he was a bit smaller than me.

"I think he's calming down." I said softly holding Newt's hands.

"Alright, I don't want you working anymore or walking too much okay?" Clint asked looking from me to Newt and back to me.

"I can't do anything?" I looked at Clint and then looked over my shoulder at Newt who looked at me sympathetically.

"Well we don't want to risk anything happening to the baby." Clint said simply and stood up looking behind me at Newt.

"It's just to keep you and the baby safe." Newt said softly shifting so I now sat on his lap.

"But I still want to be able to do things Newt! I'm not going to be able to do anything besides sit around and wait for the baby to come!" I exclaimed getting up, my eyes filling with tears. Newt stood up aswell looking nervous and worried at the same time.

"Tide-" He said softly but He was too late, I had tears streaming down my cheeks uncontrollably and my knees were going to give out any moment if Newt didn't sit me down.

Newt wrapped his arms around me holding me tightly against his chest as I continued to cry burying my face in his chest as he murmured soft, soothing words.

After about 10 minutes of my sobbing, I managed to control it and look up at Newt who was looking extremely worried down at me.

"Please don't cry." He whispered, his accent thick as his brown eyes filled with tears as well.

"I'm sorry. It's these pregnancy hormones." I whispered back wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I didn't mean to make it sound like you can't do anything." He murmured, his thumbs drawing small circles on my hips.

"You didn't do anything wrong." I cooed getting on my toes and kissing him softly to show that I meant it.

"I love you." He breathed holding me close as our baby kicked again showing that we loved him too.