thirty-nine

So... I decided to go to Clint while I was supposed to be helping Frypan. I told him that I would be back soon and he let me go, simple.

Newt was too busy helping Alby out with something to notice I wasn't in the kitchen.

This was wrong.

I was just trying to help the baby. How bad could it really be anyways?

Clint had me sitting down on one of the cots in the room while he tended to one of the builders who had accidentally hit their fingers with a hammer.

Sometimes they are so stupid it's funny.

Anyways, a couple minutes later, Clint walked in and sat down on one of the stools across from the cot.

"So what seems to be the problem? And why isn't Newt with you?" He asked suddenly looking at me curiously as he inspected me with just his eyes.

"Well I think there's something wrong with the baby and I don't want to tell Newt." I said softly looking up at Clint nervously and he shifted in his seat trying to hide the fact that he was as well, getting nervous.

"Alright... What do you mean?" He asked slowly as if he weren't sure what to ask.

"I don't know. Just.... Something doesn't feel right Clint. There's something wrong." I said anxiously tapping my foot nervously.

"Well I need something to work with here. Why don't we get Newt-" I didn't even let him finish the sentence before I cut him off with a solid no.

"Well Tide, I can't not tell him when there is possibly something wrong with the baby. It's his kid to you know." He said trying to bribe me out of my stubborn thoughts.

"He's not going to let me do anything ever again! I'll die of boredom before I give birth to this kid!" I was starting to get annoyed with him. Seriously, who the hell does he think he is?

"Tide he's not going to do that, he's a reasonable person." He said and took my hand as I glared at him.

"Hear me out alright? I think Newt should know about this because whatever it is, he's going to be the one that supports you no matter what okay?" He asked and I looked at him nervously nodding.

But before I could respond verbally, the door flew open and Newt was standing there looking at me, disappointment written all over his face along with a mixture of worry and disapproval.

What the hell did I get myself into?