forty-six

The other glanders didn't seem to notice or just didn't care that Thomas and Minho had possibly found a way out of here for us all.

"Thomas are you serious?" I had a million questions racing through my head but this one kept reappearing through the jumble of thoughts.

He smiled, his bright blue eyes twinkled and nodded before pulling me into a tight, sweaty, hot hug.

Both of us were gross, him from running in the maze all day and me from... Well following Newt around all day.

It was still comforting to be in his arms and knowing that we could have a shot at getting out of here though.

"Come on shanks, we need to go to the map room to see if we're right." Minho said giving us both a shove and Thomas chuckled letting me out of his grip before heading ahead with Minho and Alby.

Thomas quickly followed behind Minho as did Alby leaving Newt and I to follow last.

"Do you think that they really found a way out?" I asked Newt as we walked towards the all the familiar hut called the "map room".

"Well they never tell us they found anything' so it must be pretty buggin' important if they're thinking' we've got a way outta here." Newt laced his fingers with mine giving my hand a reassuring squeeze before we ducked into the map room.

I nodded and smiled trying not to let let hope consume me. If there wasn't a way out we'd all be so upset.

"Everyone start looking' at the maps. Compare them all together by date. So take all the week 1 maps and compare them as if they were one map." Minho stated as he handed Thomas a box of maps which he proceeded to set down on the table.

So we did, we sat there all day looking at and comparing every single one of the maps. Quickly, we realized the maps formed a repeating pattern of three words.

Over The Cliff

And we knew what we had to do.