thirty-seven

I officially missed Thomas and Minho seeing as I had nothing better to do. Seriously, Newt had me sitting down in the gardens plucking damn grapes off the plant as he did whatever it is Newt does while his pregnant girlfriend picks at grapes.

I probably had sunburn on my shoulders and nose but whatever. It'll go away soon and as I kept getting ice from Clint throughout the day, the ache started to subside as well.

But soon enough, Thomas and Minho came racing through the doors and to the map room leaving me to watch wanting nothing more than to be the one running. But that wasn't an option anymore, I was having a baby and that was final.

"Darling you look upset." Newt came up behind me crouching down and rubbing my shoulders.

"Just bored," I sighed leaning against him as his hands slid down from my shoulders to the baby bump and he started rubbing slow circles on it.

"Well would you like to go into the map room with Thomas and Minho? I have to help out Alby in there anyways so you could come with." He suggested as he held me close nuzzling my neck.

"Sounds fun" I giggled taking a grape and feeding it to Newt who gratefully took it right off of my fingers, his lips lunging on my fingers for a moment longer than necessary and I smiled.

"So can we go?" I asked excitedly as Newt got up taking my hands and helping me get up before grabbing the basket of grapes.

"You go alright darling? I'm going to bring these to Frypan." He chuckled kissing my forehead and I nodded walking off into the place I loved.

When I walked in, Thomas was bent over the table, his eyebrows furrowed together in concentration as Minho watched leaned against the wall, his arms crossed over his broad chest.

"Hey" I said softly walking in, my hands rested on my growing belly and Minho's attention snapped to me but Thomas gave me a quick smile before continuing his map.

"How's the little one?" Minho asked and grinned placing one of his rough hands on the bump and the baby kicked against his touch causing me to giggle and Minho to chuckle.

"This little shank is gonna be a runner just like his daddy-" He stopped mid sentence and I froze staring up at him in shock and disbelief.

Newt? A runner? What was he talking about? He would've told me-

"Love is everything alright in there?" Newt asked walking in and I turned to face him, Minho wearing a blank expression instead of his usual sarcastic smirk.

"What the hell he talking about you being a runner?" I asked, a scary calm in my voice as he too froze.

Every thing in the room went silent, all you could hear was the nervous breaths from Newt, the heavy ones from Thomas and Minho and I didn't even know if I was breathing at this point.

"Tide I swear I was going to tell you..." He trailed off but I stopped him shoving past him and he grabbed my arm trying to stop me but I only ended up dragging us both through the doors of the map room.

"So what? What else were you going to tell me?! I thought you told me everything there is to know Newt! I'm having your child for shock's sake!" I yelled and he took a step forward taking my hands and I struggled against his grip as angry and sad tears started running down my cheeks.

"I thought you told me!" I cried still struggling against him when a pair of two strong arms wrapped around me from behind.

"Tide, calm down and let him explain."