Chapter 2

After a very long walk I had made it to work. I slowly walked up the front stairs and walked into the empty school. The halls were mostly empty besides a few teachers and the occasional student.

I walked down a long hallway and into the front office. I greeted the attendance lady as she clocked me in and told me to take a seat. I wasn't waiting long before I was greeted by a semi tall man who looked to be in his early forties.

"Hello Miss. May I hope you're ready for your first day." Mr. Morita said, extending his hand to shake mine as he pulled me a little closer.

"Of course Sir, I'm very excited." I said trying to pull my hand away from his, when he held on longer then needed.

When I finally pulled my hand away, he smiled like nothing happened and looking me up and down before leading me through the hallways.

"As you know our AP Physics, Chemistry, and Biology teacher is on maternity leave and will not be back for the remainder of the year. It has come to our attention that Mrs. Beatrice doesn't know if she will be coming back. Meaning there is a good possibility you can become a permanent teacher at our school." Mr. Morita said as he led me through the now filling halls.

I was getting a little uneasy with the way he kept looking at me, I had distanced myself from him as much as I could without making it obvious, but he keeps finding a way to get closer.

All of a sudden I felt something I had never felt before. The mark on my collarbone had zapped me and was now sending tingles all throughout my body.

My mate was in the building, I couldn't believe it. A smile made its way to my face causing my boss to smile more and move even closer to me, but I couldn't think about him.

My mate was so close. There had to be at least a thousand people in this building and I had no idea where to start looking. I didn't even know if he or she was a student or teacher.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Mr. Morita placed his hand on the small of my back causing my body to burn in pain as he stopped us in front of a door.

"This will be your classroom. If you need anything and I mean anything at all please just ask. I will be more than happy to assist in anything you need." Mr. Morita said as he bit his lip causing me to slowly move my bag in front of me.

"The students will be going to their first period class in about 45 minutes, you will take there attendance on your new work computer and when the bell rings at 8:45 you can start your classes. So you will have plenty of time to settle in before they get here." Mr. Morita said before going in for a hug but quickly changed it to an encouraging squeeze of the shoulder when I had backed away from him.

He was about to leave but I had to ask about mate's so I quickly grabbed his attention.

"Sir, what's the policy for teachers who have mates that either attend or work at this school?" I asked looking at him with a flustered look causing him to quickly become curious.

"As long as you and your mate keep a professional relationship in the classroom and on school property, there won't be a problem with the school board, and if your mate happens to be a student, as long as you don't show favoritism I won't have a problem. But I do suggest you inform me if and when you find your mate, and if you don't like him well there are always other fish in the sea." Mr. Morita said, giving me one last look before walking away with a smirk on his face.

I slowly walked into the classroom I had been in only once before. I quickly shut the door when I noticed some older boys stealing glances at me as they walked past.

I pulled down my black pencil skirt and buttoned up a couple of buttons on my white shirt. I had dressed up a little too much for my first day and I didn't like the looks I was getting from my boss or the students.

I made a mental note to pick something less secretary fantasy and more high school friendly from know on.

I put my bag down next to my desk and looked at the class schedule and lesson plan. I had spent the last week after hearing I got the job preparing lesson plans and activities to do with the students.

Just because they were AP students didn't mean they couldn't have fun.