LOVING YOU IS A LOSING GAME

Y/n's POV

Billie and I haven't been doing good lately. We been married for two years. Known each other for eight years. We both meet when we were twelve. But for the past three months our relationship turned toxic. She come home at unholy hours doesn't even talk to me anymore.

At this point I think she been seeing someone else. I mean it would make sense. Our relationship has been perfect until three months ago when she got her personal assistant. Ever since her personal assistant came she changed.

Every night I cry myself to sleep. I can't believe I'm letting myself get treated like this. I really need to leave.

And here I am now. My things packed in suitcase in my trunk. I have all my things in my car ready to leave. I also have our divorce papers in my hand. I'm just waiting for her to come home to give them to her and leave. I have had enough of her bullshit. If you didn't know she also cheated on me in the past about five time. But the dumbass I am I forgave her. I always fucking forgave her! But I have had enough I deserve better. I need to move on without her.

It's three in the morning and I finally hear the door start to open. I watch as she quietly comes in and slowly shuts the door. But before she can turn around I turn on the lights with my arms cross. As she jumps and turns around. When she sees me she has a confused expression on her face. I mean I was all dressed up and had a folder in my hand that had a lot of paperwork.

Billie: Y/n why are you all dressed up?

I just look at her before speaking.

Y/n: I want a divorce
Billie: What?

She looks taken back by my words.

Y/n: I want a D-I-V-O-R-C-E a divorce
Billie: What why?!
Y/n: I'm not happy with you. I don't feel any love anymore. So I'm leaving. All you have to do is sign the papers
Billie: What? No! I'm not signing shit! You can't just leave! You can't just ask for a divorce! I LOVE YOU! I need you in my life! I can't live without you! Please don't leave me please! I promise to change and spend all day with you! I will buy you anything and everything you want baby please don't leave me!

I just shake my head laughing a little. She always says the same things. 'I love you please don't leave I need you in my life blah blah blah' she honestly starting to sound like a broken record player.

Y/n: Just sign the damn papers Billie

Is all I say before I set the folder on the counter making my way out. As I hear her call out for me. But I quickly get in my car. I watch as she rushes out of the door coming towards my car but I drive away before she could reach my car.

Today's the week of the Grammies. If you didn't know I'm also a singer. And it's also been three days since I left Billie. She keeps calling and texting. Trying to get a hold of me but I never respond. She said she wasn't going to sign anything in one of her text.

I'm honestly nervous. I get to perform tonight. I recently and by recently I mean last night I wrote a song. I named it Arcade. It's about Billies and I relationship. I'm going to perform it tonight no one has heard it yet. But my managers and producers. I'm excited but nervous to go for two reasons. One I got nominated a few grammies and two Billie is going to be there so she going to hear me sing Arcade. No one knows what happened between us. But I guess they are trying to figure it out since the day I left I guess she went live crying and apologizing on her Instagram. But that isn't going to fix anything.

Crew: Y/n your one in 5
Y/n: Okay

It's been an hour into the Grammies and I'm about to perform. I haven't been out in the sitting area. I been in my green room. But I will be sitting with everyone else after my performance. All the categories I'm nominated for after being announced after my performance.

Anyways i get my mic on the side. And start to walk out on stage. As I do I look out to the crowd and see so many faces I haven't seen in a while. But then my eyes locked onto Billies. She smiled sadly at me mouthing she loved me but I shook my head and look forward.

Ariana Grande: And now please welcome my very close friend the one and only Y/n performing her new song Arcade!

I smile as I hug her.

Y/n: Before I begin singing. I just wanted to say I hope y'all are doing good and I hope you enjoy the song. I wrote it literally last night while I'm my room crying. Ha so please enjoy the ride. If I start crying ignore LMAO

Everyone began to cheer and laugh as Billie looked sad but still cheered me on. I
look back and nod. As the music started playing.

Y/n: A broken heart is all that's left
I'm still fixing all the cracks

I shook my head lightly while closing my eyes trying not to get emotional

Y/n: Lost a couple of pieces when
I carried it, carried it, carried it home
I'm afraid of all I am
My mind feels like a foreign land
Silence ringing inside my head
Please, carry me, carry me, carry me home
I've spent all of the love I saved
We were always a losing game
Small-town girl in a big arcade
I got addicted to a losing game
Oh, oh-oh-oh oh
Oh, oh-oh-oh, oh
All I know, all I know
Loving you is a losing game
How many pennies in the slot?
Giving us up didn't take a lot
I saw the end 'fore it begun
Still I carried, I carried, I carried on
Oh, oh-oh-oh oh
Oh, oh-oh-oh, oh
All I know, all I know
Loving you is a losing game
O-

Was all I could sing before I felt pain in my chest. I paused and held my chest. I looked up to see everyone looking at me confused and worried. But before I could keep singing I fell to ground before everyone went black.