I'm not scared of you.

“What did she say?” I asked my brothers, as I sat down on the sofa in the Gilberts living room.

“Well, it was something along the lines of ‘Just wait until I find that little bitch. I’ll show her what real pain is like.’” Damon told me in a mock scary voice, whilst shivering.

“Are you worried?” Elena Asked from beside Stefan.

Was I worried? I don’t know. I mean…She was trying to get revenge for me killing Jackson. And she is somewhat older than me. So instead of thinking too much of it, I shrugged and said;

“Nope.”

I looked outside to see that it was getting dark, sighing I asked everyone if they wanted me to make them a drink…In which most of them replied with a yes. So I stood up and walked into the kitchen. Closely followed by Kol.

Turning my back on Kol I opened the cupboard which had the cups in and set them on the counter. As I turned round to get a spoon, I was trapped by him. He his hands either side of me on the counter and leant forward so our foreheads were touching.

“You know I’m not going to let her hurt you right?” He told me softly, his eyes looking into my blue ones.

“I can take care of myself.” I said as confidently as possible. Even though it was hard, as all I wanted to do was lean forward and connect my lips to his…But I restrained myself.

Kol slowly smiled.

As if he knew something I didn’t.

“What?” I asked warily.

“You want to kiss me.” He told me, sounding pleased with himself.

Oh damn.

“N-no I don’t.” I stuttered.

Stupid Verity!

“Are you sure about that?” He asked, grazing his lips over mine.

“Yes. Why would I wa-“

“I want to kiss you too.” He cut me off.

“You do? I mean, I don’t wan-“

He cut me off again. But this time he didn’t cut me off with words.

He cut me off with his lips.

I immediately melted into him, enjoying the familiar feeling.

I don’t know why we do this. Randomly share passionate moments, and then forget about it until the next time. We go straight back to arguing like four year olds. I know it’s strange…But it’s like we can’t get enough of each other.

I ran my hands through his dark hair…Just as we were interrupted. As usual.

“Oh dear god..S-sorry…I’m going.” Rebekah looked like she’d just seen a ghost as she practically ran out of the kitchen.

We both stared at the door, before bursting out laughing.

After we had finished laughing, I looked up at Kol to see him already looking at me.

“I-“

He was cut off by a loud crash in the living room.

Quickly getting out of his grasp I ran into the room only to see Damon across the room laying on the floor.

“Come to join the party?”

I looked up to see Katherine glaring at me hatefully.

“Not if you’re going to be there.” I sassed back.

Katherine’s glare only intensified.

“You’ll regret what you did to my little brother.” She hissed, making me roll my eyes.

“I had no choice.” I stated, looking her right in the eyes.

“I’ll kill you.” When she said this, I felt Kol tense from beside me.

“You don’t scare me Katherine.”

“I should.” She straightened up before blurring towards me, and slamming me into the far wall.  

Getting up in less than a moment, I grabbed her neck and slammed her into the floor. Making her wince from the impact to her head.

I was about to straighten back up, when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. Quickly looking down, I saw a stake lodged into it with blood seeping through my shirt. From my left Kol had now caught everyone’s attention. He was holding his stomach in the same place I had been staked. He removed his hands to reveal his own blood.

Everybody gasped in surprise, as Kol sent me a questioning glance.

What?

Before I could dwell on it, I took a blow to the head as Katherine did to me what I had just done to her. Fazed, I saw Katherine raise the stake…Ready to kill me.

But she was suddenly stopped by gaining a stake in her own heart.

I looked up to see Kol glaring at her now dead body hatefully.

There was silence before Damon spoke.

“Ok, do you want to explain what the hell’s going on with you two?”