Phone calls

You are the smile within my heart

The life within my soul

You are the joy within my laughter

The half that makes me whole.

After getting ready the next day, I decided I needed to call my brothers and Klaus.

Walking down stairs I found Kol already up and ready, in the living room. When I entered the room he looked up and smiled, which I returned.

"I'm gunna call them." I told him whilst I sat down next to him. Kol just nodded knowing I meant Klaus, Stefan and Damon.

Picking up my phone I dialled Klaus' number and waited patiently for him to answer.

"Hello my little munchkin, how are you?"

"I'm goo-Klaus! Did you really just call me a munchkin?"

I heard him chuckle. I could just imagine that irritating smirk on his face.

"Who is it?" That sounded like Stefan's voice. There was some rustling, before I heard voices.

"I want to talk to her."

"Well she called me."

"So? I'm her brother."

"Well, I'm her bestfr-"

"Are you two seriously arguing over who gets to talk first?"

"Possibly." Was Klaus' answer. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Kol who was grinning at me like an idiot, obviously listening to the phone conversation.

There was a stat-icky noise coming from the phone.

"Guy's where are you?"

"Oh we're going through a tunnel. Stefan! Stop trying to get the phone and keep your eyes on the road!"

"Why don't you just put me on speaker phone?" I asked getting frustrated.

"Oh, I know! We'll put you on speaker phone."

"That's what I just said!"

"What?" More static.

"That's what I just said!"

"The cat's got whose head?"

"What? Where's Damon?" I asked, wanting to talk to my big brother.

"Oh he's asleep in the back. I could wake him up if you want?"

"No, no....let him sleep!"

"Damon! Verity's on the phone!" I sighed. There was more rustling and the sound of the phone being passed around.

"Hey Eri." I heard Damon's sleepy voice greet me.

"Hey, I told Klaus to let you sleep, but no-"

"No, it's ok. What about you? Are you Ok?"

"I'm fine. When are you coming back?" I asked the hope clear in my voice.

"Three days."

I bit my lip. Call me a wimp, I don't care. Damon and I had never been away from each other for more than a day. It might sound crazy but that's the way it was. Stefan yes, when he went all ripper on us. But Damon and I had always stuck together.

"Verity?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you. You know that right?"

"I know Damon, I love you too." I replied feeling my eyes sting, so I rapidly blinked and glared at the floor.

"I miss you."

"I miss you too. Are you glaring at the floor?" Damn, how does he know me so well?

"No." I heard him chuckle and couldn't help but smile along with him.

"Ok Eri, I believe you darling. I've got to go, but I'll see you soon ok?

"Bye. Bye Stefan, Bye Klaus!"

"Bye!" They said in sync before the line went dead.

I took a deep breath and turned to Kol who was watching me worriedly. When he saw my expression he immediately pulled me to him.

I rested my head on his chest whilst he softly stroked my hair.