Chapter 2

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

**************************************

It's been a whole week since Shiro jointed the two siblings, getting use to be surviving with them. Matt was a rather friendly and cheerful boy, he's always pointing out things to his sister as they pass them or educating his sister on certain things to keep her learning over anything and everything. 

Of course, Matt didn't know everything and wasn't always able to answer all of his sister questions or teach her over everything. Shiro would try to help over the bits he knew and the siblings would excitedly listen to him when he did. 

Shiro was rather enjoying his time with the siblings, he found it much more fun and a little more calmer than when he survived along with his twin. He felt bad for thinking like that but he wasn't feeling as stressed or seeing the world dull anymore, he was starting to see both the good and bad once again.

He was still having to keep a distance from Katie, or Pidge as Matt had nicknamed her. He did ask the story over it and well, a Pidgeon was the first animal Katie had ever freely saw outside of where they once lived. Katie was freaked out but smitten with the bird and well, since Matthew name was nicked to Matt, he wanted his sister to have one too. 

Shiro did wonder over the siblings past, their lives before the outbreak because something seemed .. strange with them. Sometimes how they phased certain things or acted, it was like they've been living underground since day one or never got to enjoy the freedom of being a child. 

She had warmed up to him a little but she still couldn't handle any form of touching unless it was by her brother. Shiro respected that and did his best to keep a few inches between him and Katie whenever she was close to him. If it came to passing over food or drinks, he'd place them down between them for her to pick up and she seemed rather thankful for him doing so. 

"I wonder if we'll ever meet an survivor who knew how to drive when we're older. I'd love to be taught the basics and have a go at driving myself" Matt perked up, a grin on his face but a fondness in his eyes as he stared at one of the family car's they were passing. 

"I've always wanted to learn to drive a motorbike or an American car. But than again, I would watch grease none stop at home. Leather jackets and being in a biker gang, sounded fun" Shiro admitted his own dream, shyly rubbing his neck as the youngest of the Holt's turned to him curious. 

"Are they cool?" Katie asked, tilting her head a little as she's never got to see one or watch films before. 

"The coolest" Shiro answered with a huge grin as Katie gave a small happy nod, wondering over what it would have been like to join one. 

"I wonder what it would have been live to just drive around, only having to worry over not running someone else over. It must have been so fun to just drive down a road, to not have to worry over the undead chasing after you" Matt mumbled out his thoughts out loud, running his fingertips along the side of a car and looking into the car windows, imaging himself behind the wheel. 

"Even when the roads seemed busy and people would walk out on the road without warning, it seemed nice. Compared to now" Shiro replied, glancing around at the shops they were passing and remembering how so many would be rushing out from one shop to another. 

"Must have been nice to just walk down a street" Katie muttered under her breath with a sadden look in his eyes, reaching her hand out lazily towards the path. Shiro glanced over his shoulder towards her since she was only a step behind him while Matt walked a few steps ahead leading the way. 

Patting down his coat pocket for a moment before pulling out the backscratcher, pulling on the handle and making it long once again before holding it out towards Katie. Nodding for her to take it and she hesitated at first before grabbing at the other end at Shiro encouraging nod.  

Matt turned to look at the two, watching as Shiro lead his sister to the path while keeping her joint by the backscratcher alone. He watched as Shiro slowed his pace, acting as if he was calmly going to the shops with his mother again instead of just wondering around mindless and having to listen out for zombies. 

Katie kept to the new pace, confusion clear on her face and she kept turning towards Shiro, wondering what he was trying to do. Matt chuckling a little, hurrying over and joining them on the path but walking behind the two. Smiling as his sister turned to look at him and he just nodded for her to keep going. 

"It might be jammed pack with people but we can still walk down the street, in fact, walking without people shoving and rushing past is rather nice for once. What do you think? Can we tick this of your dream list?" Shiro smiled softly, keeping his eyes forward to make sure they wouldn't just bump into any knocked over shop signs or zombies. 

Katie turned to him stunned, her eyes wide and her lips parted before she shyly lowered her head and soon gave a small happy smile. Nodding her head to show she was enjoying this and it might not be how she imagined walking down a street but it was still oddly fun.