Chapter 35

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

*************************************

The doors close with a loud clanging sound behind her. She flinches as she can hear them barricade the door from the outside, making it sure it stands strong if the bloater tries breaking out. 

She can't breath, it's so stuffy and the stretch of death is choking her more then ever. 

She can't do this, she can't be left trapped in a dark space with the walls closing in on her. 

She didn't survive all those tests just to become food for a new creation later on. 

She made promises but she knew she wasn't going to keep them all. 

She was a fool. 

She was all talk, more bark than bite. 

Her whole body tensing as something brushed against her left and she shakily turned the torch on. Her eyes slowly falling towards the thing that slithered around her like a shark testing it's prey. 

She lets out a breath she had no clue she was holding at the familiar black fur of Cosmo. He lifted his head, his eyes seem glowing in the torch light and she knew he was just as frightened as she was. 

Slapping at her cheeks before shining the torch towards the three different hallways. She could go right, left or straight down in the middle where the maze of storage cupboard began. She took left, deciding to at least get moving before the bloater appears. 

She wasn't an idiot, not a complete one. 

If a man rang a bell at the same time everyday when feeding his dog, the dog would still appear once the bell rings even if no food had been placed down. And the large doors were the bell for the bloater. It might be a dumb zombie but it would at least know how to track it's prey.

Those doors were closed and the bloater was coming for it's food. 

It might be slow and it's steps were heavy, giving hints over it's location before one has to spot it. But it's brutal strength was as deadly as  breathing in to many of his thrown the sacks of mycotoxin. She was immune but she still choked on the mycotoxins, it made her feel sick and her blood burn as if it was capable of killing her. 

It didn't, she knew that much.

She was just left feeling of burning from within her body while surviving them. 

It wasn't very nice and she didn't want to test to see if she was still immune to them. 

Cosmo was keeping by her side, his sides brushing against one of her legs as often as he could. Not only for her shake but for his own, checking they were still together and neither had slipped off by mistake while in the dark. 

Katie knew better than to keep flashing the light about, it was the only source of light inside the building and if the bloater was ahead, she'd attracted it. Unlike Clickers, Bloaters could still see a little .. it was blurry and not the best sight but still enough to see outlines and the flash of lights appearing. 

Katie had a advantaged, kinda. Old memories that will forever haunt her in her dreams but gave her a fighting chance. She's been trapped in a single room with a walkers and runners more times than she could ever count. She's been attacked, eaten and ripped apart in a single room while others watched behind the safety of a tinted window.