Chapter 10

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

*****************************************

Eight Year's Ago..

"Dad, when will I get to meet my sister?" 

An innocent question asked by a curious soon to be big brother who held no clue over how cruel the world could truly be. 

Unknown to him, that his baby sister wasn't going to be born as a beloved member of the family but as a tool for the government. 

You see, Matthew never truly got to learn over what his parents reason was to work on such a virus, why they worked under the government to make such a thing. He wasn't sure if they were helping to make a weapon or trying to find a cure, he never cared to try and understand their reasoning for hurting his baby sister as they did. 

Because, what he did learn was that his sister was planned from the start, a desperate ingredient for their experiment success. It seemed all their other live test subjects ended in failure one way another, some surviving longer than other's before completely dying on the table later on. 

And at first, his mother, Colleen Holt, decided they needed a test subject that held no immune system to fight back the virus. In fact, they needed a freshly alive subject that's own body was still learning over how to run and work. 

A baby. 

A new-born baby was Colleen answer. 

And her husband, Sam Holt, had agreed. 

The two volunteered, trying for baby without even waiting for approval that was still given even at the known fate of the baby future. And soon, the two Holt's was overjoyed at the news of Colleen falling pregnant again, both overjoyed for the wrong reasons. 

But still, Matthew being only three at the time still took noticed over his mother stomach growing larger and larger and how happy everyone in the bunker seemed at the news. So, his curious side asked his Dad what was happening and he learnt the news over being becoming a big brother that way. 

And, at the time, he was too young to fully understand the looks in his parents eyes whenever he spoke over his brother duties or asked all the questions an curious boy would. He didn't understand why the air seemed so strange over the topic of the unborn child. 

Because Matthew was filled with joy and excitement over gaining a sibling and no longer being the only child around and finally gain his own friend in life that wasn't soldier's being ordered to keep an eye on him. 

And than, he was woken up in the middle of the night, just after midnight in truth by soldiers and other scientist hurrying past the small mini apartment that he's known as his home all along within the bunker. 

Opening the metal door that lead into the hall, leaving the open room that was both the living room and kitchen for his family as a bathroom and two separate bedrooms sat joint by other doors. He followed along, dressed in his pyjamas and wondering if he'll be able to meet his baby sister before anyone else in the base. 

But his joy was replaced with confusion, his mother was giving birth in one of the hospital observing room. A group of some of the leading scientist and high ranking soldiers stood in the side room, watching his mother give birth through the one way mirror.