Chapter 44

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

****************************************

The group stayed for four whole nights, giving Kuro a chance to come find them if he did change their mind. For the first two nights, Katie had the double side, sharing it with Shiro and the three males were glad to see she showed no signs over becoming sick. 

On the third night, Keith took the double bed, Katie officering it out to share since she knew how much of a rare treat sleeping in a real bed was for them all. So, Keith got it the second night and shared it with Cosmo who stayed curled up beside him. 

Lance seemed happier, back to his odd self again after he had woken up to find Katie alive and safe again. He was the one who found the double camping bed empty after their first night and walked round in panic, wondering if one of the other's had heard something and went to check it out. But he found Katie and Shiro cuddled up together on the double bed and broke down crying in relief over seeing her again. 

Katie had him mostly glued to her for the day before he finally calmed down and returned to his normal cheerful and smiling self. Of course, the rest was still worried for him but knew they couldn't do much over his trauma. They couldn't promise him to live forever, that they'd all stay together for good .. because the world wasn't kind. 

Life was a bitch. 

Death could steal them away at any second without their consent or they could get separated somehow instead. 

They couldn't risk promising Lance something they all knew they couldn't actually promise to keep. 

So, they decided to act the same. 

To be his support when he needed it and try to protect him from anymore emotional harm.

And, if things became more dangerous and likely that Lance might break down for good .. they'd find a safe camp to ditch him in. If he stayed in a safe camp full of caring people that'd actually look out for him and would stay alive as long as the camp held strong .. he could live a happier life. They'd all hate to leave him behind but .. if would protect him from losing himself, they'd do it. 

And on the fourth night, Lance was given the double bed to himself. Keith keeping to the single camping bed while Shiro took the sofa and Katie took the double camping bed with Cosmo. The three in the living room discussing their backup plan for Lance once they took noticed he had finally fell asleep in the double bed. 

"Why don't I have a cuddle buddy?" Lance asked out of the blue as he stared at the rest, his arms crossed like a sulking child when he finally took notice over something after sleeping alone last night. 

"A what?" Shiro asked completely confused and wondering he had just missed a whole conversation while checking through his bag. 

"Someone to snuggle up with in bed" Lance explained as he hugged himself as if they didn't understand was a hug was. 

"We don't have one of those" Keith deadpanned as he rolled his eyes, zipping up his own bag as he was finished looking through it all. 

"...." 

Lance stood there, completely silent while giving them all a certain look as he knew that they were speaking bullshit to him right now over the snuggle buddies. He turned his gaze to Cosmo who seemed to share a similar look he held before rolling his eyes towards the others.