Chapter 55

HOPE YOU ENJOY 

PLEASE VOTE

****************

"K-Katie" 

"Takashi" Katie whispered, not daring to speak too loud as if she'd suddenly wake up and to find everything a terrible dream. 

"Yeah?" Takashi breathed out, his eyes glued to the man hovering in the doorway and wondering if he was finally starting to be haunted by ghosts of his past. 

"I see dead people" Katie confessed completely serious as she stared towards a man who had changed so much since their last meeting but yet, still stood as her brother. 

"You just had to teach her quotes, didn't you?" Takashi snapped in irritation as he glared towards Keith, knowing this was his fault. 

"It wasn't a duty but an honour" Keith admitted without any shame or embarrassment over his teaching. Happily scratching behind Cosmo's ear, uncaring over the famous movie/tv show quotes he's taught his friend being used. 

"Can we please return to the man who is turning very pale and looks like he's seen a ghost or two. If he's going to puke than can we at least get him outside to do it" Lance spoke up, his voice breaking a little as he tried reminding them all over the random guy looking like he's seen a ghost. 

"Everyone, meet Matthew. Katie's brother" Takashi introduced with a still shaken and shocked tone, nodding his head in Matt's direction. 

"The dead one?" Keith asked with a raised eyebrow, a little surprised over the turn of events right now. 

"He can't be the dead one if he's standing right here and alive, idiot" Lance scoffed back as he looked towards Keith like he's the biggest idiot alive.

"Don't call me an idiot. And he's meant to be dead. This could be some nasty trick or just someone who looks familiar" Keith grumbled back as he glared towards Lance, his hand already hovering over his sheath and ready to use his knife of Matt made one bad move. 

"He has a point. How do we know you're the dead brother or not?" Lance asked back as turned his attention back towards a very confused but amused Matt. 

"I say we shine our torch in his face and get Pidge to identify him that way. Shiro can interdigitate him with questions he should know the answers to" Keith spoke out his thoughts as he stepped closer and slipped his backpack off, ready to find a torch. 

"Neither are you are detectives and this isn't some comedy show either. We're not interrogating Matt. He is who he says he is. He told me all about Pidge and Shiro, used different names sometimes, but he told me about you both. It's why I wanted you both to return and knew you'd be glad to meet my friend. I just didn't want to ruin the surprise or risk breaking your hearts if something happened while I wasn't with Matt" Hunk mumbled back, standing before Lance and Keith and ready to stop them from doing anything crazy and stupid towards Matt. Sending an apologetic smile towards Katie and Takashi for not telling them about this sooner. 

Katie took a shaky breath before walking over to her brother, looking him over and taking everything in. Takashi following after but still giving the siblings some space for their reuniting. 

"But you didn't reach the meet up point. We waited. Much longer than we all agreed to wait for. You never showed up" Katie shakily replied, staring up at her now much taller brother and not understanding how he was here. 

"I ended up straining my ankle after the fall. Lost my torch and that mall was so god damn dark. I was crawling around blindly. Hid up in one of the stores, terrified over every little sound and the silence. Took me a week to finally brave up and limp around to find another exit. I was lucky enough to find a new torch in one of the stories I stumbled inside and that helped. Grabbed a bag and filled it with supplies left untouched due to no one coming near the mall since it was overran" Matt calmly explained his reasoning on never showing up, a grimace on his face as flashbacks of the mall filling his mind.