Chapter 39 - Lance Background.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

*****************************************

Okay, so Lance lives in the country side filled with nothing but farming fields. The closest farm house where his neighbour would live would be miles away, you couldn't see the house at all just like the neighbour won't see their own house.

His neighbour, Mr Benji Kone, married to Mrs Ruth Kone, were their closet neighbour. The McClain held a small farm burn close to their farm house that held a few cows and chickens for them to have their own milk and eggs since the small town was an hour drive away. The McClain farm grew crops, all different kinds and hand tons of fields in their own land.

The Kone farm lands were the end of their own, but the Kone left a few empty fields of land free for the McClain children to play on and to separate their lands a little more. The Kone household kept cattle, cows, sheep and chicken .. all of them in different fields.

Ruth, owned the lands as her family had been farmers for generations and the farmlands were passed to her before her own parents had retired and moved to live elsewhere, leaving the farm safely in her hands. She married Benji, who had came down to the closest town with a few workmates due to one of them getting married and thought they booked a hotel close to a beach that was popular ... the town was close to the ocean but it wasn't a popular tourist spot, the poor man had gotten the towns names mixed up with where he wanted to go.

The group of lads didn't have much to do in their week holiday, everyone was farmers around them and hundred of miles of filed lands filled around them. The airport itself was a four hour drive and they'd have to fly to a bigger airport to get anywhere important or well known.

But that's how Ruth met her husband, one who worked in sales from where he was from and well, back then, courting a women came first then simply trying to sneak into their bed for a quick one night stand. Benji did his all to woo her and even sent letters once his holiday was over, the two dating long distance and writing back every week for two whole years.

Before Benji came to visit for a month, using one of Ruth spare rooms since she lived in a four bedroom house after all. He helped with the farm, learnt to survive in the middle of nowhere and enjoyed it as long as Ruth was with him.

So, he decided to marry the women he loves. He married her and moved in with her on her farm, deciding to keep her family business going with her. He knew she wouldn't give up her farm, they had fought over it in the past when dating and well, he decided she was more important than any city job.

As years passed, the two planned to have as many children as they could. Mostly wanting their family to grow as much as they could manage but .. Benji found out he was infertile. He gave his wife the chance to devoice him, to find a man who could give her everything she deserved but instead, his wife slapped him and hugged him.

They stayed happily married.

Ruth adopted a few dogs, cats, hamsters, fish and a few other pets. Letting her husband name them and well, the houseful of pets because their children along with all their cattle in the field.

They were happy in their own life, feeling bad that they couldn't pass their farm down to the next generation but maybe that's why they gained a sweet spot for the McClain children. Having them all bundled into one of the spare rooms that got turned into a small classroom and having Ruth teach them different subjects for three hours a day before sending them home to help on their own farm.