Chapter 45

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

*****************************************

It was around two in the afternoon when they all finished their search and Lance held a map that'd normally be kept in someone car. Bringing it over and pointing to the city that had a pink highlighter dot beside it. It wasn't much to go on but it was the only any of them had found and it was best to at least give the city a try.

All thinking of heading out now, get as far as they could before it became too dark to travel and just find shelter somewhere further up. The city seemed a good week or two travel from the village they were hiding in now. 

Or that was the plan until Katie suddenly shut herself in the bedroom, leaning her back against the door. Calling out "It's already almost dark, why don't we stay here for another night. Yeah, the city waited this long for us, it can wait a little longer. Tomorrow sounds way better to me to start our new adventure .. so, I'll take the double bed. It's my time to use it" and leaving the other three males and wolf just standing with blank faces. 

None of them had a clue what they just witnessed or what was happening. Katie was normally the one who wanted to get moving or head over towards a hopeful spot. Sure, it would get dark in a few hours but they might be able to at least cut down a few hours of travel if they started now and found shelter later on. Wasting the little bit of day light they had left wasn't really making sense. 

Keith glancing towards Shiro, nodding his head in a hinting manner for the older guy to figure out what was wrong with their female friend and fix it. Lance sitting on the sofa, getting comfortable and having a feeling no one was going to be able to tell Katie what to do right now. 

Shiro patting Cosmo, hoping to calm the worried wolf before he headed towards the bedroom door. Giving one last pitiful look towards Keith and Lance for some help over this but neither paid him any attention and left Katie to his hands alone. 

"Katie?" Shiro called out, knocking on the bedroom door and wondering what had suddenly gotten into him. He did notice she was a little pale when they all returned to the cottage and found her already inside, keeping her back hidden from them all. 

"N-nothing's wrong with me" Katie stuttered out, hearing the concern laced in Shiro voice and knowing he was sent to check on her. 

"Are you sure? You've kinda just .. locked yourself up in a room when you were ready to head out this morning" Shiro asked, concern still clear in his voice and he was getting rather worried since she didn't normally just .. act this weirdly.  

"Are you alone?" Katie groaned out, feeling embarrassed. 

"Yes" Shiro answered, glancing back to the living room and seeing the rest still unbothered. Keith was now tackling Cosmo, playing with the wolf while Lance lazed on the sofa more. 

"Okay. I'll let you in but no one else. I kinda .. got a situation going on. A completely normal and not embarrassing situation .. it's completely natural but it's gonna making me wish for a zombie to appear and eat me alive at the same time" Katie quickly blurted out at once as she shakily stood up, her hand on the doorknob as she had to remind herself that it was just Shiro and everything that was happening was perfectly normal. 

"What's wrong? Let me in, Katie" Shiro replied, a little more urgent to see that she was okay and unharmed. 

The door soon opened and Shiro had his top grabbed at before he was yanked inside and the door slammed close again. Cosmo giving a small bark over the noise before going back to playing with Keith happily and Lance was about to doze off, uncaring over the rest.