Chapter 34

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

******************************************

Shiro and Keith finally reached the triage within two hours. No breaks and no slowing down even when Keith thought they should at least take a water break. Neither of them had eaten or drank anything since waking up. Mostly since Keith spent the first few moments over them both being awake to explain the whole situation involving Katie.

And of course, that led to Shiro pacing around before washing himself to get rid of the gross feeling before getting himself dress while all the time yelling at Keith and cursing Katie name for being so stupid while he was down with a fever.

But at least, once they reached the open field that held the triage, they slowed down. Shiro urgently calling out Katie name as Keith did the same before they wondered about. Keith looking a little further into the filed while Shiro rushed around the tents, trying to find her.

And that's how Keith found her bag and the toolkit like box. Picking them up and looking around once more for any signs of life or self drawn clues for him to see. Only to find none but he did notice the mud scraped on top corners of the toolkit, proving it was shoved along in the ground.

"She was inside the tent. Pushed them underneath to keep them hidden. Meaning, her attackers wouldn't have came from behind but from the entrance" Keith mumbled to himself before quickly hurrying to find Shiro.

Shiro was inside the medical tent, kneeled by a pool of old and crispy blood. Relief written over his face as his fingers dragged along the blood stain, finding it to be old and not new. Proving it couldn't have been Katie blood at all. 

Shiro looked up, his eyes shooting towards her backpack he held and soon rushed across the tent to reach him. Snatching the bag from him, his hands shaking as he knew she wouldn't simply leave her bag behind like this. 

"She hid them where someone else wouldn't easily found them. She must have been inside this tent since I found both of these hidden at the back of the tent. They were pushed underneath the tent wall .. she hid them on purpose" Keith explained how he found them and pointing to the mud piled up on certain sides to prove they were shoved into the mud instead of placed down. 

"Why hide them?" Shiro asked in confusion as he glanced down to her backpack he held, not understanding why she'd hide them like she did. She could have tried making a run for it instead. 

"Maybe she hoped we'd take notice of them and know something went wrong during her little mission" Keith replied with a small shrug as he glanced down to the toolkit he still held and trying to make sense over why she'd hide it with her bag. 

"We already know something must have happened since she hasn't returned. Hiding her bag for us to find or having her take it with her wouldn't have changed anything" Shiro sighed with a puzzled look, knowing that Katie would already know this too. 

"Look, I barely have any idea over what Pidge is thinking half the time. I try not to understand her wavelength most days" Keith argued back in his defence as he lowered his head in defeat. 

"Maybe she was hiding something from them or wanted us to find something instead" Shiro offered his own line of thinking as he turned back to his friend. 

"Like a clue?" Keith asked unsure as he glanced towards her backpack again. 

"Let's find out" Shiro mumbled back as he walked to the closest camp bed.