Chapter 19

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

*****************************************

The next day came and both Pidge and Shiro moved out separately to complete their plan. Both agreeing where to meet up in the bandits camp once things started up and also agree to not to wait for the other if they didn't reach the meeting spot. If by midday, nothing happened, than they knew at least one of them had failed, high chances being caught. 

Of course, neither liked the idea of leaving the other behind and it was rather obvious they'd try saving them but they still mentioned over not trying to rescue the other if things turn for the worse. They'd both be useless if both of them get killed or caught together. So, whoever survives needed to escape and warn other's who pass by. 

And so, Pidge was trying to track down what building held the clickers inside. She knew she was close and all she had to do was set them lose. They'd take care of the bandits around them, saving many lives in the future even if they were allowing a great number to die today. 

Of course, she didn't move towards the clickers straight away. She and Shiro headed to the burning grounds, finding bodies and remains left in piles to be burned or was being burned. Infected and none infected thrown together showing something nasty was going on. 

They've seen the same work before and it also explained the infected in the city. They've seen this game be played before. Survivors captured and released in the city full of dead ends and no real escape. The infected chasing them down, hinting towards the bandits where there entrainment was and chase after them too.  It was a hunting game where the players couldn't win, no matter if they had a weapon or not .. they were never going to escape with their lives. 

Both of them seen the game be played once, it wasn't as gland or hug as a whole city of playing ground. Just an old farm in the middle of no where. They were passing when they witnessed the game start and saw a few of the captured die, either by a zombie or the bandits that played hunters. Both stepped in, saving the last captured member and hiding them with themselves in an tree.

The survivor told them everything, how they were captured and how the game works. Seems it wasn't the first game the man himself saw and he normally kept away from such layouts but this time he wasn't so lucky. 

So now, the guilt Shiro did feel over sending so many to the hands of escaped clickers was gone. If these people could happily hunt down fellow humans and treat them like a toy, well, it was only fair they understood what it was like to be prey too. If they escaped the city, they got to live but if not, they were zombie food. It was the same rules for them like they've given to all those they've sent to their deaths. 

Shiro and Pidge would be long ago and leaving it all in the past. 

Or, so that was the plan until Pidge had her back shoved into an wall with a knife to her throat. An fingerless glove was shoved over her mouth, and a killer glare was burning into her skull.

The guy himself was not much taller than herself. Skinny but toned, held a bit of muscle to himself. He had pale skin that was stained by an old scar across his right cheek from meeting his first lot of bad survivors. He had dark eyes with an tint of violet to them whenever the sunlight caught them and silky black hair in the form of an mullet. A red hoodie with an golden and white stripe over it and he wore black leather fingerless gloves, both a bit worn but clearly well loved.