Chapter 43

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

****************************************

It wasn't long until they all ate something before getting their own beds ready. Katie walking out with some spare blankets and sheets she found up, helping to make the camping beds a little nicer to lay on and use without any risk of carpet burns from them against any bare skin. 

Keith laying down first and falling asleep rather quickly after being the last one on watch the night before. Since all of them gained Lance in their group, they've gave up on the one hour timer idea. Instead, two people will share the night watch, one doing it the first half of the night and the second one doing it for the rest of the night until everyone wakes up. 

It worked a bit better and they simply swap over the next night, those who weren't on watch would now go on watch and leave the other two to sleep throughout the night. It made all their sleeping patterns much smoother and easier on their bodies then waking up every other hour. 

Shiro did lay down in his own camping bed, a double camping bed that was clearly used by a couple otherwise one of the owners of this cottage was rather on the big side if they needed a double camping bed as their own bed. But he laid down, resting on his back and not completely drifting off. 

None of them would be on watch tonight, not with the chain being on the door and they were inside a mostly safe place. The walls and windows weren't broken, meaning if anyone tried breaking in they'd be alerted straight away. No one was needed for watch and Shiro knew they were safe but .. still, he couldn't simply fall asleep. 

His thoughts travelled over five topics. 

1) He almost lost Katie for good. She almost drowned and he could do nothing about it. She was almost taken from him .. right before his eyes. 

2) His brother and of course his nieces.

3) His mother name. He finally had it back in his life.

4) Keith. Keith was forced to be the mature one, act as the bad one over telling them to give on the search for Katie. He knew they'd only be putting their lives at risk and her body was most likely gone for good. He was forced to be the leader, to put some common sense in them all. Shiro felt guilty over putting that pressure on Keith. 

5) Lance. His trauma was worrying and a huge problem. They couldn't promise to stay alive forever with him, the life was way to dangerous for that. But the lad couldn't be left alone if his mental state had gotten so bad after all these years. He was clinging on them as his last hope, it was a scary weight to carry. 

He was brought out of his lights as he felt an extra weight lean against his camp bed. Turning his head to the side and finding Katie snuggled up beside him. He stayed silent for a moment, knowing she should be taking the more comfortable and warmer bed to rest up in and hopefully stop her from getting sick. 

"We could go see him, Kuro. We can try leaving for the factory in the morning, go through the woods and keep a distance from the river edge. You'll meet his daughters and they'd finally get to me their uncle they've only heard stories over. Maybe find somewhere safe to make a forever camp with them. I know you've missed him and worried for him all this time, you can finally see him in persona again" Katie softly spoke, her eyes staying closed while she leaned her head against his arm, needing to feel his body heat.