Chapter 50

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

*******************************

"Why can't we just go through the town?" Lance asked as Hunk had brought them a little way into the small town that seemed a mixture of old fashion and modem merged in one place. 

"Traps" Hunk answered as they slowed to a stop by an dark and gloomy doorway, pure darkness filled the space inside the wedged open doors and down the ramp that lead further into the building. 

"We'll just move slow and be careful. If one of us get caught than we'd help release each other. Move in single file, keep a few feet between us so we don't all fall in the same trap" Takashi calmly replied with a comforting look as he turned his stare from the town ahead of them and a clearly nervous Hunk. He knew traps could be tricky and deadly but they'd all take it slow and easy, work as a team and play it safe. 

"We won't survive from these traps. They're explosives" Hunk finally admitted the catch that he's been fearing to tell them over since he wasn't sure how well they'd react to the news. The edge of the town he's walked them in were safe, a false safety to lead other's further in to town, deeper in where the traps laid waiting for them. 

"How the hell do they have explosives?!" Keith screamed out completely horrified and filled with rage over the extra fighter power this group suddenly had. This was starting to look like a Rambo film. 

"An air force base is some miles from this town. Seems those mean people had over taken it as their own base and found some explosives in a landed plane. They've been using them to build traps around the town. This is the only way through, it goes underground but we'd pop out near a car park and should be safe" Hunk explained the intel he'd gather with his friend and what they knew over the group's finding. The air force base was their home base for the group and they left it to hunt anyone and anything around for the fun of it. No survivors, no one was grabbed and dragged back to be used a toy or time passer .. they just killed you like a slaughter animal for a good laugh. Barely any chances of escaping if spotted and chased by one. 

"Old explosives. I'm surprised they've haven't blown themselves up. Don't they know how dangerous it is to mess with old explosives" Katie huffed back in disbelief over how idiotic this group was sounding. Maybe the human race wasn't worth saving after all. Unless the human race was made up from people like her brother, Takashi, Keith and a small amount of Lance too. Maybe Hunk, she wasn't fully sure yet. 

"It's more dangerous for the rest of us then them. It doesn't just kill anyone they don't want in their town but those creatures roaming around and any wild life that might run about. The whole town is booby trapped and they come out once every two days to check what traps have been set off and if anyone has snuck past them somehow" Hunk fearfully replied as he glanced towards the inner town direction and knowing they should hurry inside before they risk any infected stupid enough to enter the town to head towards them and set off a trap instead. 

"You mentioned this route goes underground.. what did it use to be? If it pops out by a car park than was it an underground train station or walk route?" Keith curiously asked as he and Lance hovers by the wedged open doors, not being able to see far down the ramp to figure out where it'd lead them. 

"It's a mall" Hunk innocently answers. 

"Oh no" Katie breathed out in horror. 

"A m-mall" Takashi stuttered out in panic.