Chapter 32

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE 

******************************************

It took three whole hours for Katie to reach the country side filed that held the triage. In truth, if she could most likely gotten there within two hours but she left Cosmo to run around as they walked and well, she wasn't much of an exercise freak. She enjoyed her few minutes breaks, resting up and glad that she did sleep for the rest of the day the day before. If Keith wasn't happy to take over looking after Shiro straight away as he did, than she would have only be waling on with a few hours of sleep.

But Keith stepped in and left her to sleep yesterday, taking care of Shiro and just leaving her to sleep for the whole afternoon. She did wake, feeling hungry and made herself something to eat before drowning down a bottle of water. Chatting with Keith and letting him take a nape and break from Shiro for a few hours and well, she wanted to stay close by Shiro side knowing she'd be gone for the whole day once morning came. 

She woke Keith up as she started getting tried again and slept the rest of the night away until Keith woke her up in the early morning. Him getting some more sleep before waking when Shiro seemed to be become restless in his sleep and ended up kicking Keith from where he lazed beside Shiro to keep close by. Keith wiped Shiro forehead, trying to give his best soothing words before waking Katie when he knew it was morning, early enough for Katie to wake up and get moving. 

And, Katie had never felt so good after sleeping so much and as well as she did. She stretched her sore bones and didn't notice how worn out she became while looking after the two. Her head was much clearer and why she didn't enjoy walking towards the triage, she did enjoy the fresh air and just being .. alone. She's allowed her fears and worries over both Shiro and Keith health to control her all this time. But right now, she was able to just .. take her own pace. 

"Arf" Cosmo happily barked as he came running back towards the triage tent she was about to enter.

"I thought you'd be more upset over being away from your Alpha for so long. I was certain you'd be uneasy over leaving Keith side" Katie muttered as she looked towards the almost grown wolf who sat panting beside her. 

Cosmo simply tilted his head to the side, his ears flapping a little and he soon sneezed making her laugh before patting his head. Entering inside the tent that was the only one with it's flaps closed and seemed to the only one left standing without too much weather damage like the rest of the ruined tents around. 

She's over looked the ripped and broken triage tents first. Even trying to lift the few that was knocked over by time and strong winds. But so far, she hasn't found a single box of Ibuprofen or any medical tools. She knew each triage had it's own medical tent set up somewhere and she was praying this last tent would be it. 

She did wonder if the army started tidying up the triage and paced a few tents up before heading out. But they still left most of the triage behind and well, there was enough clues that nothing was touched or planned to be pack up. It was a simple triage that was set up and left after moving all the civilians inside to safety. The last few that might have been still in the triage near the end would have left or ran away by foot .. it was known to happen. 

She entered with Cosmo and well, it was the medial tent as she had prayed for it be. Everything worn, covered in dust and a bit damaged. The beds were nothing more than unfolded camping beds that reached her knees in height. A few metal tables left between the beds with a few medical tools on top. Mostly a stethoscopes, scissors, lose gauzes, a torch's and otoscopes.