Chapter 46

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

************************************

A Couple Days Later..

"No way, Pidgey did origami for you" Lance blurted out in surprise as he turned his head towards Shiro, the two males leading the way for now. 

"In a way" Shiro answered with a small smile, holding back his chuckle as he thought over it over the paper gift she did make for him and leave beside him when he gained that cold as a young teen. 

"No, I did not. Don't lie" Katie huffed back with a pout, already knowing he was getting their hopes up for nothing. 

"What did you make?" Keith asked as he walked along beside Katie, Cosmo left hopping around behind them. 

"I was brought up learning from books. I found an origami book and when Shiro gained a cold, I thought I'd try making a crane. The book had it down as the easier thing to make. But It wasn't easy" Katie started to explain as she thought over the best words to use to make herself feel less embarrassed over her failure with origami as a child. 

"What did you get?" Keith asked rather interested, wanting to know what Katie had created instead of the crane.  

"An airplane. A square airplane that didn't fly but I still cherished it. Kept it in my bag for safety and it lived for almost a whole year before we got caught up in a storm and it turned saggy and torn" Shiro answered with a fond look, chuckling a little as he remembered the badly made square airplane that didn't even fly when he threw it. He felt bad over it getting wet and ripping but there was nothing he could do about it back then. 

"How did you mess up a paper airplane?" Lance yelled back in disbelief, spinning around and walking backwards just so he could look at Katie over this topic. 

"It was my first time" Katie grumbled back, turning her head away under his judging stare. 

"Can you make a working one now?" Lance asked, raising an eyebrow and praying that she's learnt how to make one by now. 

"Look. There's nothing mathematical over creating a paper airplane. It's down to stupid luck" Katie argued back in her defence, puffing out her cheeks as she still failed at the whole paper airplane science. 

"She still can't make one fly" Keith, Lance and Shiro all thought at the same time before deciding not to talk about it anymore.

"But Takashi is rather talented with origami" Katie commented, watching as Lance spun round to face forward again while Keith lightly nudged her to comfort her over her fails a little. 

"You are? What did you make?" Lance asked excited, always finding origami to be rather cool but no one in his family could make them. Leaving him to see some already made when looking on google.

"Hmm, I don't think I recall what I had first made" Shiro started to mumble back, trying to think back on he first ever made. He's tried it a couple times, different ones but he stopped when they hit the raining season since they just kept getting soaked by the rain. 

"A frog in red paper. He made it for me when I had a terrible nightmare. I gave the origami book to him after my failure and well, he seemed rather skilful at it. I kept my frog on my jacket pocket for months and always had it placed on the ground beside me, letting it scare away my nightmares" Katie answered with a small fond smile, remembering when he had gifted it to her during the months she had the worse of her nightmares and started becoming too scared to sleep anymore. He gave the red frog, he wanted it to be green but they didn't find any green paper so he used the scrap of paper he was able to find.