Chapter 33

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

***********************************************

Keith was anxious. A full day had passed and Katie had until the end of today to return before he was left to assume the worse. He was back to full health, no roughness or grogginess was left and he's ran around the school grounds as a work up to get his body feeling a little less heavy. It was stiff and needed to be stretched, used for him to feel like himself again. 

He waited to see if he felt dizzy or rough afterwards but he never did. His energy wasn't simply drained within seconds and he knew that stood as proof that he was fully healthy again. He was fighting fit and was ready to head out to look for the two missing members of his pack. 

He still can't believe that the other's had won him over to calling themselves a pack now they gained Cosmo in their group. But he wouldn't lie, he enjoyed being apart of a pace once more. He trusted both Shiro and Katie with his life, he saw them as almost friends. They were apart of his pact and he didn't want to lose them. 

But, he also couldn't let his emotions get the better of him anymore. Shiro was like half dead by his feet still and Keith gave his word over protecting Shiro until Katie had returned or Shiro was back to his feet again. Keith did notice that Shiro didn't seem as bad as he has been during the day but he wasn't sure if that was the calm before another wave of fever hit the older man again. 

So, to stop himself from jinxing anything, he distracted himself. 

One Day Later,

Roughly around 8am...

"Lance" Katie broke the silence, knowing he was awake. 

"Yeah?" Lance quietly asked as he rolled over to face her better than laying on his side and staring at the wall in silence. 

"What haven't you told me?" Katie finally asked the nagging question from the back of her head, standing up in the centre of the room. She woke up an hour ago and decided to stretch out her sore bones by looking around the room for another escape route. She came up empty and noticed that Lance was awake, waking just twenty minutes ago but not saying anything. 

"What do you mean?" Lance asked, deciding to play innocent. 

"You've been here for three weeks and it's clear you've spoken to many others. You only glance towards the door when it's due for a guard to patrol past it. You know something more than your telling me" Katie replied with a straight face as she wasn't as much as an idiot he might have hoped her to be. She understood patterns and Lance knew the pattern of the patrols outside of the old  office kitchen they were trapped inside. The room being emptied and mostly left as tiled floors and concrete floors, the paint on walls pealed long ago. 

"I don't want to tell you" Lance mumbled back like a child who knew he'd be scolded. 

"It's it only more cruel to leave me to find out until it happens" Katie argued back lightly as she walked over to him, leaving Cosmo to stay walking around in the small, cramped room knowing the wolf wanted to run round in open space. 

"It's cruel to tell you and leave you cowering in fear until they drag you out of the door" Lance argued back in his defence as he finally sat up, watching as she slid down the wall beside him and sat next to him.