Chapter 47

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

**********************************

They had all soon moved towards the small group of houses and went for the second to last. Keith and Katie heading inside to check it out and clear any of the undead first. Leaving Lance and Shiro with Hunk, the poor guy only had an old kitchen knife to protect himself with and the other two decided he might need a bit of extra protection so Lance volunteered Shiro to keep with him. 

A good ten minutes afterwards, Keith opened the front door again and told them over one walker body being left in the kitchen that they had to take care off but the rest of the house was cleared and safe. Closing the front door behind them, Hunk helped Lance to carry the body out to the back garden and leave it there for now. 

Katie was looking around for a marker or paint to use against the bus to show Hunk friend where he was staying now. Shiro and Keith gave a help and thankfully they found some markers. Taking the black one before Keith ran out to scribble a note on the bus beside it's broken door. 

Once done, they all took shelter into the living room and got ready to spend the night inside the house. Having thumb wrestle matches to chose the shift patterns for night watch and finally deciding who got to sleep in the master bedroom and who got the other bedroom. Seemed the third bedroom was turned into a small gym and the only bathroom was downstairs beside the kitchen.  

Lucky for them, no dead body had laid in the bath and well, it wasn't clogged up either. They might not have running water but at least they didn't have to go outside for a number one. Of course, they were all trapped to go outside for a number two and Katie planned to still pee outside .. more so due to not wanting the guy's to see the toilet water turn red thanks to her still being on. 

Sharing food and a few joyful stories when they all got arguing over who got what bedroom as two of them would be left staying up throughout the whole night. In the end, two would share the double bed while the third would use the single bed in the second bedroom. Due to neither Keith or Lance wishing to even sleep five meters near each other .. Lance and Hunk would be sharing the double bed. Keith, taking Cosmo, went up to the second bedroom and headed off to bed first since he'd be taking the next shift by himself with Cosmo. Lance and Hunk headed up soon afterwards, both drained and needing sleep. 

"How are you any good at this?" Shiro asked with a deep frown as he glared towards the chest board they'd been using to pass the time. 

"I read how to play in a book" Katie answered with ease as she won yet another game between them.  

"Can you stop gaining so many skills from a book. I use to be great at this when I was a kid" Shiro grumbled back as he started setting it all up once more. They would move on to another board game if they had found anything else. 

"Yeah but you haven't played or practice since the undead came along. I've read a whole book over chess and learnt over it again. You're just rusty" Katie reminded him in hopes to make him feel a little better over being as bad as he was with the game. 

"Yeah, I'm just rusty. Otherwise I would have won this" Shiro mumbled back, nodding his head in agreement and patching up his pride a little. 

"Completely" Katie lied happily and glad to have cheered him up again. 

The two were half way through the game when they heard footsteps and turned to find Keith entering with Cosmo. The wolf trotting over, gaining a quick fuss from the two before he hopped onto the sofa and started to doze off all over again. Keith rolling his eyes but still leaving the wolf be and sat down with his back leaning against the sofa, watching the two start playing again. 

"You can get some sleep if you want" Keith offered as it was his time to take over on the watch shift.

"We discovered a problem while you guys were sleeping" Shiro explained as he held his chin, trying to think over his own room while Katie sat completely relaxed over the whole thing. 

"Problem?" Keith asked with a worried eyebrow raised. 

"You fell asleep in a single bed. Their is two of us. Meaning one of us would have to sleep on the floor while the other gains the bed. We couldn't decide on who got the bed" Shiro mumbled back as he moved his knight, his eyes sticking to Katie and trying to see her reaction over the move. 

"Play for it" Keith advised as it was something they'd all done more than once. 

"I'm smashing this game" Katie smugly admitted as Shiro pouted. 

"Play for it in a different way" Keith advised instead, rather amused. 

"We've tried rock, paper and scissors but did best out of three and ended up drawing instead" Shiro sighed as he ran a hand through his hair over Katie own move. 

"Play coconut crack" Keith offered back, watching Shiro think over his next move very carefully. 

"Can't play it with just us two or one of us will try to cheat somehow" Katie mumbled back as she watched Shiro move his queen. 

"Than I'll do it for the two of you" Keith sighed as he rolled his eyes over how childish they were both being right now. 

"Thank you" Shiro hummed back, watching Katie move her own queen. 

"No worries" Keith muttered back, watching Katie reaction as Shiro made his next move rather quickly, seeming smug. 

"Don't let him buy you off" Katie warned as she chanced a glance towards Keith and not seeing how Shiro quickly stole one of her pawn's in hopes to less her manpower on the game and acting innocent over the cheating move. 

******************************************

Also, for my Wife...

Since ya know, the link didn't work, I thought I'd show you it with this chapter.