TSR XX: Settled

== Vanessa Elora Avery ==

I woke up early and fixed myself because I will be going out with Lance today. He didn't even enjoy being in here because he got stuck following me. There was glee in me knowing that we finally set each other free. Acceptance is indeed the last stage of moving on. When you finally accept everything, it follows. Peace in yourself and your mind.

I cooked breakfast for me and my son who speaking of. "Good morning mommy!" I looked at the entrance of the kitchen. There he is, smiling at me. He came to hug me and give me his morning kiss. "Kisses for my beautiful, mom," he said when I kneeled to his level.

"Thank you, baby," I kissed him and hug him too.

"I love you mom," he never fails to say that he loves me.

"I love you too baby. Come on. Go sit now. I'm done cooking your breakfast," I told her and get back to checking on my waffles that he requested last night.

The nanny helped to prepare the table. I always love preparing breakfast for my son even when we have someone in the house. "먹겠습니다 (jal meokgetseumnida)," Luan was just getting better every day with his Hangul while I am still adapting to it. He is very smart.

"Mommy, enjoy your day with uncle Lance," he told me because I told him last night. I still have to tell him everything that happens to me because he is like my best friend. I smiled at him.

"Thank you, baby," I kissed him on the cheeks. "Make sure to enjoy your day at school too. I will be picking you up later and maybe you can meet your uncle Lance," he was glad to hear it. He is such an understanding kid.

After our breakfast, he immediately prepared for school. "Mommy, I'm going!" Luan shouted outside my room.

"Wait for mommy. I'm sending you downstairs," I told him.

"Aniya mommy. Prepare for your date. Auntie April is here," I heard his little voice say. I received a message from April unnie last night that he will come and see Luan today. I immediately rushed to fixed my clothes. I wanted to see him get off first.

"Unnie," I called when I saw this gorgeous delicate angel who is carrying my Luan.

"Hey pretty! I heard you're going on a date from Luan," she was smiling brightly at me. "Don't deny it, Vane. It's okay. You seriously be dating right now and I am so glad to hear that," she again told me. I don't want to ruin what's on her mind right now but I guess it's better for her to just think that way. "You will have to tell unnie stories soon, okay?" she said.

I just nodded at her after few seconds of shock. "Enjoy! I will take Luan to school," she came to give me a cheek-to-cheek kiss while still carrying my Luan. then she allowed Luan to give me a goodbye kiss and hug before they were gone before my eyes in the door with the nanny. I followed them and waved goodbye as I see their car get off.

I went back to my room and fixed myself because, in thirty minutes, Lance will be arriving.

Damn it! I haven't put on any makeup yet. And why do I even bother being beautiful when it's just Lance though?

I just put a little powder and a tint on my lips, brushed my brows. I was startled when I heard the doorbell. What the!? Why so early? I scratched my head when I checked on the phone and he was ten minutes earlier. I got my bag. Let my hair lay and checked on the locks of the windows.

I rushed downstairs but I was shocked when I saw him – not the man I expected to show.

"Josh?"