Special Chapter: Gift

Rejections are part of life and it usually makes you stronger. But I will never know the answer unless I will ask her, right? So, I did decide to finally ask her to marry me. Finally.

Will you be my wife and be Mrs. Hong, Vanessa Elora Avery Samson?

The nerve-wracking question every man will ask the person whom they wanted to settle down with. There's no turning back. You should be sure when you ask it and I was more than sure when I asked her.

Her tears flowing from her eyes made me emotional too. She was surprised that I asked her. "It wasn't because I was pressured. It wasn't even because you were talking about my best friend's wedding. I have been planning to ask you but the timing is always off. I'm asking you now because I really wanted to marry you, cinnamon. I am asking you because you are the reason why I am striving hard everyday. I want to build a family with you."

"You don't have to explain. I will marry you," I didn't know when but I felt her hand stroked gently on my cheeks.

I cried in joy. 

I stared at her at the moment and I can't believe I wasn't rejected. It was a different feeling. I was more than just in glee. It's blissful.

It was cloud nine when she said yes. I shouted and jumped in exhilaration. When I slipped the ring on her finger, the fireworks went out and colored the sky. We watched it together. I pulled her closer to me and I also planted a kiss on her head.

"You want to walk around?" I asked her again when the fireworks were done. She nodded. I lead her to a part of the park where there were candles lighting, sunflowers surrounding the path, and fairy lights everywhere.

"What's this?" she asked but I just gave her a smile.

"Stay here," I left her in the middle of the pavilion where there was a table set up for us. 

I went to the side where there's a grand piano

I went to the side where there's a grand piano. And then I began to play, I have been practicing my piano skills and I hope I practiced enough.

I GUESS I'M IN LOVE by Clinton Kane

Oh I'm obsessed

With the way your head is laying on my chest

How you love the things I hate about myself that no one knows

But with you I see hope again

Oh I'm a mess

When I overthink the little things in my head

You seem to always help me catch my breath but then I lose it again

When I look at you, that's the end

And why do I get so nervous when I look into your eyes?