Special Chapter: Essence

Will it be hard to find the essence of love again?

It depends. Maybe for others, it was easy. But for someone like Elora, who has lost everything, it might be harsher and more complicated. 

From her traumatic experience of losing her parents in a car accident, losing his perceived-one-true-love because he cheated, to accidentally having a kid was super formidable to find another way of defining back love. 

Living alone was hard, especially when you are almost crawling on the ground to live. Vanessa Elora Avery has been through the most demanding and most challenging times. She stood on her feet to ensure that her son, Luan, would still get the best love even when she could not believe that thing anymore. 

For Luan, she could do everything. For Luan, her tiredness and exhaustion were gone. For Luan, even when she's weak, she's the strongest. For Luan, even when it's hard, she is the most powerful. 

She walked through the roughest roads to make her son live a life full of happiness. 

It was hopeless for Elora even to find that essence of love that they tell her. 

But for her, the spirit of love is her son, Luan Jericho. Her world revolved over him for the longest of years. Even when it was the hardest of hardest, she could conquer it for him. 

She almost lost her belief in Him. Elora would ask why are things like those happening to her when all she did was to be a great child. However, she apologized.

Because when she thought she was alone, He made Elora see a ray of light by giving Luan Jericho her reason to live her life. Then Elora met the kindest person she knew, Dr. Elise, who never left her side and who has taken care of her like her own child. 

Elora met the softhearted April Angelou Tan and the scary but still warm-hearted Yanika Neda Alvarez. Now, they are her bosses. She was more than thankful for them, for they have trusted and allowed her to exercise her profession as a chef. 

When she thought she was left behind, He made sure that He was there and proved her wrong. She was showered with eternal blessings, which she was ever thankful for. She found forgiveness amidst the pain. She left everything in the past and tried to live in the future. She found out that it was better. It was better to release all those pieces of baggage of the past that only pain you. It was better because she could breathe adequately already.

It was just a bonus that she was able to meet a man that worked hard to gain her trust and redefine the meaning of love for her again. He made her heartbeat again, even when it was so hard. 

Joshua Hong. The guy who was also questioning if he could find someone. Who would have thought the most gentle guy, most caring, and the most loving guy was also rejected many times by that thing called love. He failed so many times. Nevertheless, he still believed it would come. 

"Cinnamon, what are you thinking?" Joshua saw Elora staring at the ocean from their floating cottage. "Isn't it too early to look sad? Wasn't it too harsh to look bad while we are supposed to be celebrating our anniversary, huh?" Joshua sat beside his wife. "The kids booked us a Caribbean trip to celebrate, cinnamon. Not to look like we are here mourning," Joshua tried scolding his wife a bit.