Chapter Twenty Six

I love you not only for what you're but,
for what I'm when I'm with you.

I was absolutely stunned when I learned that Oli had fired the individual responsible for leaking the pictures to the media

I was absolutely stunned when I learned that Oli had fired the individual responsible for leaking the pictures to the media. Not only was I surprised that the media had obtained the information, but I was even more astounded by Livs' immense power to not only uncover the identity of the culprit but also take immediate action by terminating their employment.

And damn, let me tell you she looked hot while firing that person.

Curiosity piqued by Skylar's abrupt and furious departure, I decided to approach Amos, her trusted assistant, hoping he might have some insight into the situation. Recognizing that while Amos possesses valuable knowledge, he might not be privy to every detail, I initiated the conversation by inquiring, "Hey, Amos, I couldn't help but notice Skylar stormed out earlier, wearing an expression of anger. Any idea what might have caused that?"

Amos hesitated for a moment, seemingly uncertain about sharing the information. With a reassuring nod, I conveyed my understanding that confidentiality was crucial. Leaning in closer to his desk, I listened attentively as he disclosed what he knew. "I won't breathe a word, Amos. Please, go ahead," I urged.

"It seems to be connected to the company traitor," Amos whispered. "Just before the boss left, I transferred a call to her from her private investigator. And shortly after that, she received a call from her lawyer," he revealed, providing a possible link to the cause of her anger.

"Company traitor? Are you referring to Lewis Scott?" I inquired, hoping to confirm my suspicion.

Amos frowned in surprise. "How do you know him?" he asked, clearly taken aback by my knowledge.

I paused for a moment, contemplating how much information I should reveal. "Well, let's just say I became aware of some incident involving him. He did flee, didn't he? And now he's in custody?" I responded, subtly hinting at my awareness of the situation.

Amos's eyes widened, impressed by my knowledge. "Wow, you seem to be well-informed," he remarked, a hint of suspicion in his voice. "You're not some sort of spy, are you?"

Chuckling, I dismissed the idea. "Oh, come on. If I were a spy, I'd be exposed by the media or your boss already," I retorted, confident in my innocence.

Amos shrugged, acknowledging the validity of my statement. "Yeah, you're right. Our boss is undeniably powerful," he conceded.

A mischievous grin crossed my face as I whispered to myself, "Indeed she is," relishing in the secret knowledge I possessed.

Amos approached me, seeking my assistance. "I need your help," he said eagerly. "I want to ask someone out on a date. How should I go about it?"

Surprised by his question, I responded, "You've never asked a girl out before?" sensing his nervousness.