Time to Step Up

"I'm sorry I can't spend time with you today. I know you're leaving soon but I have a full day of shooting and then I'm going to dinner with Bird" Sarah says as she packs her bag for work.

     You sit at the kitchen table enjoying breakfast as you watch Sarah get ready for her day, "Don't worry.  I'm here until Monday, we can do something this weekend. I know you and Amanda haven't gotten together in a while so I don't mind."

     Sarah smiles at you, "At least you'll be able to spend time with Lizzie."

You smile back at Sarah, "Yeah, very true."

     Sarah gives you a puzzled look, "How come you haven't stayed at her place at all this week? I expected you to be practically living there this week."

      "I wanted to spend time with you and Holland! I can see her during the day, not a big deal."

     "Well now I feel even worse for stealing you away from Lizzie when we really haven't been spending much time together."

      "It's okay, I've been spending time with Holland."

     "I noticed that, I'm glad you two are getting some time together."

"Me too."

     "Alright, I've got to get going. I'll see you later" Sarah says as she walks over to you and kisses your head.

     "Have a good day at work" you say as you watch Sarah leave the house.

     As soon as Sarah exits the house, you spring up from your chair and put your dishes in the sink. You grab your phone and quickly call Lizzie.

"Is she gone?" Lizzie asks through the phone.

     "Yes. Come pick me up" you say into your phone.

"Okay, I'm leaving now."

     You end the phone call and run upstairs to your room to grab the outfit you're wearing for the proposal. As you finish up packing your things for the proposal and for your stay at Lizzie's, you head back downstairs.

     "Knock knock" Lizzie says as she opens the front door.

      "Wow, perfect timing" you say as you walk over to Lizzie and peck her lips.

Lizzie giggles, "What can I say, I'm gifted."

     "Oh please. Let's go before your ego consumes you" you say as you begin to walk out the door.

     "You wish you had my ego" Lizzie says as she walks past you.

     You smile to yourself as you watch Lizzie walk to her car. You place your bags in the back seat and get into the passenger seat.

     "Ready?" Lizzie asks as she shifts the car into reverse.

     "Ready" you say as you watch Lizzie begin to back out of the driveway.

     As you escape to Lizzie's house, Holland is at the venue getting things set up.

     "Holland, where do you want these flowers?" Jessica asks as she holds a bouquet of flowers.

     "Place them on the stand where I'll be standing" Holland says as she places flower petals down.

     "Wow, this is really coming together" Diane says as she looks around the venue.

     "It really is. I'm happy with how it's coming together" Holland says as she gets up from the floor.

"Are you nervous?" Diane asks.