03.12.2015

National Achievement Test for Grade 6

Thursday

"Goodnight kumag. Love you. :**"

FROM: Kumag, 1:38 AM

-*-*-*-*-*-

I was assigned to go to Tibagan Elementary School with Shane and Elsha to play the role as examiners for their grade 6 pupils. Alright. Duty calls. As much as I want to stay in bed late, my angel side of me says, 'No. You have responsibilities sweetie.' But my devil side of me says, 'What if I don't go?' And my angel will reply, 'Go, figure'.

I was on my way when I received a call from Elsha, 6:39 AM "Dito na ko ..". I was in Petron and just aboard a jeepney bound to Guadalupe. I was in Buting when she called again. There was something in her tone which tells me 'Hurry up! You're screwed. You're very late'. It was past 7 AM. Good thing that I asked Donna where Tibagan Elementary School few days ago. I just need to remind myself few things, 7th Avenue, Pedestrian Lane  and fly. Because according to Elsha when she called again, Shane was already there.

The school is visible when you look straight from across the street. I convinced myself it's already Tibagan. However, I saw a tarpaulin hanging on the gate that says, 'Welcome to Tibagan High School'. So, I asked people around if I'm in the correct place. And they answered positively. Phew.

I asked the guard where the office is, he pointed a part of the building and said, "Dun po ma'am. Sa may nakatayong bata." I can tell, the workers were nice. Because again, someone directed me to where I need to go.

I saw teachers coming my way so again, they directed me to the office. One of them said, "Ayun lang ma'am. And that's our principal." She pointed out a woman with a long hair. She seemed young for a principal. She was busy talking to another teacher so I hesitated in greeting her. Since I'm very late, I rushed to the office door and got in.

The principal and (I suppose) the Chief Examiner were not looking at me and only talking to Elsha and Shane. They were explaining some things that I already learned from the softcopy manual I reviewed last night. However, Shane was still asking some things which made them say, "Hindi pala kayo na orient, dapat sana inagahan niyo ang punta para naman naturuan namin kayo." I was late. I didn't explain nor apologize.

We received the test booklets. Shane was chosen to Room 1. Which they say has the hardest pupils to handle. She were telling Shane she's looking pretty and kind. Elsha was assigned in Room 2 and I was assigned with room 3 with a class which was split into two sessions. Morning: boys and afternoon: girls. I was confused what to do with the form 7 since it's not a normal setting. To add that, I only received 15 booklets. But still has 30 pupils to handle given the total for the morning and afternoon sessions.

Each of us went to our rooms as soon as we received everything we needed for administering the exam. As soon as I arrived through the door of room 3 I greeted the 13 boys good morning. I started explaining things to them. I was speaking in English since the Examiner's Handbook ruled that whatever the script says is what I have to say and I have to stick with it. I'm sure the boys could still understand what I was saying but there were times that they were laughing. I was just glad that they were obedient enough to follow all my instructions. Because it really seemed that some of the pupils are repeaters. If you look at their faces, they looked mature and has to be in High School already.

I could see some of them who were cheating. Especially, Reginald. He was the most troublesome. One of them has a fever and he volunteered to accompany his classmate to the clinic.

I dismissed them after I checked and secured everything. Mrs. Cortel, the chief examiner (I heard her name from the other teachers.), asked me to go with her to the office to take my lunch. Elsha was also done so we went to the office together.