Discovering the Waterfront

How do I start this? A sad story which I would always want to write. But... This one was actually true. And it happened with friends I know. And I can't help but not be okay with it...

Yesterday, July 25, Saturday, while I was having lunch at Giselle's... I suddenly received a message from an unexpected person.

Geo: "Hi AJ."

Me: "I heard."

Geo: "What?"

Me: "Sad news."

Geo: "From?"

Me: "Pau. Well, bec for me it's sad. I know you know what im talking about."

Geo: "What did she say?"

Me: "You two broke up?"

Geo: "That's what she said? Too funny. Walang details?"

Me: "Meron."

Geo: "Like what?"

Me: "It's ugly to talk about it right?"

Geo: "I'm fine. What did she say about the 'break-up'."

Me: "Hindi ba?"

Geo: "Please just tell me what she said. "

Me: "'Nakipag break na ko kay geo'."

Geo: "Really? Bakit daw? At kelan nga pala niya sinabi?"

Me: "Geo... is this reason why you said hi? To get details if she's been telling her friends the reason why you two broke up? Seriously.. what's going on between you two?"

Geo: "You really want to know?"

Me: "Not really. I don't mean to pry. I'm just concerned with both of you."

Geo: "I'm more concerned about her. Kung yun lang talaga ang sinabi niya sayo, na 'Nakipag break na ko kay Geo'. She needs someone to talk to. Like her friends."

Me: "Why is that?"

Geo: "As in wala na talaga siyang sinabing iba? Like a reason for the break up?"

Me: "She told me. But how about you, did she tell you?"

Geo: "Yea. What did she say to you?"

Me: "You tell me first what she told you."

Geo: "Mapride ako at mas mahal ko sarili ko."

Me: "Yun lang?"

Geo: "Yea. At para daw akong kawawang batang alagain."

Me: "Ano bang mangyayari pa kung malalaman mo sakin yung mga reasons niya? Are you still trying to get her back?"

Geo: "Of course. I truly love her. Sobra sobra."

Me: "But what do u mean that Pau needs her friends?"

Geo: "Please tell me first what she said."

Me: "Well partly, those reasons she said are true. I'm so sorry. I really wanted to help you. But I really don't think that this should come from me."

Geo: "I just want to know what she said to you. I don't really need any kind of help, aside from you telling me what she exactly said."

Me: "I can't. Sorry. So I guess I couldn't help."

Geo: "Why not?"

Me: "It doesn't feel right. I'm her friend. She confides in me. So whatever her reasons, I should understand her."