01.16.2015

Seeing A Living Saint

Friday

I woke up extremely late. No signal means no text messages and no internet. Though, I received another reminder from SMART today,

"We apologize for the temporary interruption of mobile phone services last night which was ordered by government authorities in the interest of public safety. Please bear with us if similar situations occur in the next few days during the Papal Visit. Thank you for your patience an d understanding."

***

Binigay na ni Kuya Fred sakin yung mountaineering bag niya. May magagamit na ko sa Sabado. Yahooo! :))

****

Our family decided to see the Pope today. To be part of the millions of Filipino people who would be willing to wait in the street routes where his mobile will pass.

Past 1 PM, after we ate lunch, we arrived at the Metropolitan Park and decided to park the car there. There was a very tight security but the guards were nice.

Kuya Fred, Ate Chelle, Zac, Zoe and Zai, Mom, Xen, Ate Wina, Sophie and DK, Gwen and I were together and decided to occupy a space where we could sit. From there, we could see snipers on top of The Heritage Hotel. And it felt like I have dream of this kind of situation before.

The children ran and played. There was this one kid wearing a Green Lantern shirt who seemed to like to join and play with them.

Ate Wina also cleared na hindi pala siya makakasama sa Gulugod kasi umaga ang alis. She needs to distribute cards pa daw in the morning in her school.

There was a moment, I had a signal  reception in my phone so I took that advantage and called EJ. He said he's onto an adventure with his two best friends, Jot and Kel. Hindi din daw siya makakasama bukas dahil tuloy daw ang family bonding nila sa Sunday.

After a while, a radio mediaman approached and suddenly made on-the-spot interview. Kung may hihilingin daw kay Pope Francis, ano daw yun? Ate Wina was asked. She said, "I-bless yung family namin... I bless kaming lahat.." She seemed lost  for words so I added, "Bless Philippines." The radio reporter asked our age, he described us as young people. He also interviewed an old woman na katabi ko lang. Tapos, ilang sandali lang din... Bigla na lang nalobat yung radyo niya. :D

Gwen said she wanted to buy an ice cream kaya napapunta tuloy kami sa Family Mart. Ang daming tao pa naman at ang haba ng pila. Xen went with us and bought a lot of crackers and a bottle of vinegar. I instructed Gwen to finish her ice cream inside the store before we go back para hindi siya makita ng mga pinsan niya na bawal mag ice cream kasi nagsisipag-ubuhan na. Ako nga lang ang umubos at dahil binilangan nila ko, binilisan ko ang pagkain. Masarap naman kasi pistaccio ang flavor kaya lang sumakit ang ngipin ko. -_-

Maraming beses na akala namin dadaan na si Pope. Laging false alarm. Until the time came na totoo na talaga. Ang bilis lang ng pagdaan niya. Parang 5 seconds lang. :( Although I was able to take a video, hindi naman naka zoom kaya ang layo ng kuha.

Yung aura niya, may kakaibang dulot talaga. Iba yung feeling. It was simply breathtaking. Hindi maipaliwanag. Nakakaexcite na nakakagalak. Ang sarap pagmasdan yung mukha niya na nakangiti at kumakaway. Nakakabitin nga lang.

Bakit kasi ang bilis ng takbo ng mobile niya? -_-

When we were about to go home, all roads were still closed kaya ayun.. Paikot-ikot kami sa Pasay. Hanggang sa ma-stranded kami sa may Buendia. Nag park na lang ulit kami and waited until his meeting with the families in MOA ended. Nakaantabay lang kami sa radyo for updates. Luckily, two tall men allowed us to go in front of them. Mediamen din ata sila. Maliliit lang naman kasi kami ni Ate Wina.

For the second time, I failed to take a footage of the Pope passing by. Pero nakunan naman ni Ate Wina sa tablet niya. It really felt good to see him. And it was totally cool because we saw him twice kahit mabilis lang. Andun yung urge and wishes na ma-hug ko din siya. Inggit much ako sa mga taong ang lapit lapit sa kanya. >_< And the kids. A lot of kids were able to hug him.

Satisfied naman kaming lahat na umuwi. We ordered a take out for Gwen in a nearby Mcdo bago siya ihatid sa Seibu Tower kasi di na kami nakakakain. Si Zac naman binilan ng ice cream kasi napangakuan ni Ate Chelle.

Ang weird nga pala kasi while we watch the video, na pinagpasa-pasahan namin, Ate Wina mentioned that my photos has been appearing in her Samsung Tablet. When I checked, my google plus account is currently signed in and the auto back up for photos is synced in. Hala. Ganun din Duos ko and I have no idea how to remove and disable the auto back up thingy.

Ate Rachelle ordered Tapsilog for our dinner pagdating namin ng bahay. Nakakagutom. Nakakapagod. But this is history. I've seen a living saint. And I pray he would also bless me even juat in my dreams like what Kuya Godi experienced in his dream.

Sabi kasi kanina ni Ate Wina, napanaginipan ni Kuya Godi si Pope Francis habang nagba bike siya. Tumigil daw siya sa pagbabike nung sumigaw yung babaeng baliw na madalas naming nakikita dahil lagi lang namang nasa kalsada na paparating na raw si Pope Francis. And then, the unexpected happened. Hinawakan daw si Kuya Godi sa ulo at bliness siya. Sobrang amazing. Naiinggit ako.. -_-

Tonight, or any other coming nights...

I would like to dream of Jesus in the face of Pope Francis. I pray that with his visit, people will change, that humanity will be restored and our faith would be stronger.

******

Before I went to sleep I chatted Joane Bello and Mary Joy Cornico thru Messenger.

I remember liking and ordering one of the pendant ate Jo posted in Facebook. It was actually the same pendant Elena Gilbert wears in The Vampire Diaries that's why I'm really interested to have one. It costs only php200 and since I'm sure Ate Jo will be at the reunion, I asked her whether we could have the transaction there. Wala kasing time to pay for shipment. She agreed naman so it was great.

On the other hand, since our EK tickets were purchased from Joy, she asked how was our adventure. Nagkwento lang ako ng konti and then she also mentioned about me seeing the Pope. I do updates in a daily basis kasi in Facebook by posting the highlights of the day with a photo and some insights.

And yeah. It feels good~