08.01.2015

For the Love of Books

Saturday

"I like being alone. But I don't fancy being lonely."

~

I dreamt of myself getting into our house's rooftop. Of course there were other people but I'm unfamiliar with them.

There was a loud music playing that I heard from the bridge which can be seen though it's a little far from where I was. Then there was an earthquake. It was too strong. Bumagsak ang rooftop sa second floor. Sparing the first floor. But then again, it started to shake again and finally, the rooftop was all left behind. There was a wall separating our house into the street and I chose to jump onto that. Some of the others were left behind. I began to notice other people in the street. A woman whom I thought I knew was killed by a man trying to save his own self. And everything was chaotic.

I just noticed that a group of young people huddled and talked about creating a 'Survival Game'. No diaries were involved just like Mirai Niki but it seemed that the very last one to live will be the one to stop the world's destruction.

***

I woke up and took a bath - Remembering that I just half bathed yesterday because I woke up late.

I texted EJ, "Goodmorning!! Im on my way to pasig to  meet joy. Ingat ka today and have fun in your class. :*". Then Bubb, "May pasok ka? Gising ka na ba bubb?" before I went to the bathroom but received no reply from both.

I arrived past 8AM at 7 Eleven. Joy and I agreed we'll meet at 7:45 AM so I was late Sorry. Blame it to my unfathomable nightmares. -_-

It was traffic as usual. I haven't gotten breakfast and since I was late, I was too shy to buy food before we leave. I only ended up buying a bottle of Pocari Sweat.

I asked Joy whether her friends know how to get to the warehouse where we're bound to go. Her friend, Jeneasa will go with us even though she's pregnant. She's with her husband anyway whom I already forgot the name. I met them last year when I went to Joy's house in her birthday celebration.

They said, we need to ride in a jeepney bound to Marikina. I was hesitant because even though Mercedes Ave. was familiar to me, my instinct says it's better to ride a jeep to Pasig Palengke and ride another jeepney bound to Taytay, Rizal. I messaged Alex but he didn't reply sooner. And since I wasn't so sure, I let them decide. However, when we were already in the jeepney bound to Marikina and asked the driver how much was the fare bound to Mercedes Ave, the driver told us we must transfer into a Pasig Palengke jeep and ride a tricycle from there to reach Mercedes Ave. And with that, I realized that my instinct was right all along.

Instead of riding a jeep bound to Taytay, we sticked to the driver's instructions earlier. I guessed that the tricycle's terminal was at the back of Jollibee. Along the terminal for the jeepneys bound to deretso Tipas, Taguig. Just to make sure, they asked a Blue Boy (this is what I call the Traffic Enforcers in Pasig because their uniform is blue) and pointed out that again I was right.

Jeneasa and her husband went to Jollibee for a while to pee. And then, we ride a tricycle on our way to the warehouse. Truly, it was just opposite of the La Consolacion College. It seemed that there were already a lot if people inside and I was guilty of arriving late. The Books for Less warehouse was jampacked of books and people like me who are looking for an adventure in pages of papers.

And it's very hard to decide whether what to grab. There were different varieties of books that only cost 20 pesos each. Children's books, novels, hard bound and paperback, coffee table books, encyclopedias, and many more. I only wanted to buy these magazine-like books that can serve as my reference and manual for my addiction in writing and reading and in literature. I actually want more but the books are thick and heavy and I don't have my own transportation.