05.07.2015

Touchdown Manila

Thursday

I didn't bother to go down to the stop overs when we were already bound to Manila.

It's just quite disappointing that we're not able to extend our days in Baguio. I like the cold there even if it means I have to do the Ice Bucket Challenge just to be able to bath. Water there seemed to be out of a freezer.

My Baguio days are over with Teachers Ninfa, Joyce, Jen, Dinah, Ma'am Rona and Sir Joseph. Seriously, I had fun with them. And it didn't seem like we had seminar while we stayed in the Teacher's Camp. It's more like of a bonding and an instant vacation.

We had this secret though. We all agreed that we have to tell the rest of the IMC that we actually arrived Manila by Friday -- not today. We would like the two remaining days as our off duty. And I just hope nobody would mess it up. Although, we were really worried about T. Jen being so impulsive.

--

Since last night, I felt weird with my stomach. There was this feeling that it's full of gas. It could have been that I'm hungry since yesterday, we only had breakfast and snack. I wasn't able to eat a decent lunch nor dinner. I can't decide whether I felt like farting or vomitting. Yet, I chose sleep.

I finally woke myself when I realized we're near North Edsa. The first to go was the lovebirds - Joseph and Joyce. They are a combination of a cute pair. Which made me miss EJ more. So I texted him, "Heya, Goodmorning :* Dito na kami GMA. Sana may magsakay saking taxi na walang arte pagdating ko sa Cubao." It was just almost 4AM.

The rest of us were dropped off at Cubao Victory Bus Terminal. We placed our bags in the waiting area. Most of us went to use the restroom first. Then, T. Ninfa went ahead because she'll be fetch by her father so she could be actually dropped off to the bus terminal bound to Nueva Ecija because she still had errands to do. Next to say farewell to us was Ma'am Rona who I found so cool all throughout our stay in Baguio. She had also become our event photographer, covering and capturing our daily actions during the seminar including the sidetrip to Mines View Park. Her husband came to fetch her. Before she leaves, each of us hugged her. Teachers Dinah and Jenn were the ones left with me. Both of them will have to wait for their fetchers. Teacher Dinah for her partner and Teacher Jen for her sister. I was thinking of who could I ask to fetch me and thought of calling mom at home to have Ka Imoy drive the Suzuki APV. However, it sounded unpractical for me plus I don't want to stress mom out of it. I should have told her ahead and not on the spot. Since I can't actually find a pay phone, I had to deal with the 'taking a cab' option. I was also thinking of commuting but thought of the hassle I had to endure when a man approached me and asked, "Taxi Miss? San ka?" I think the man is also in his early twenties. He looked decent enough for me and my instincts tell me I could trust him. I replied, "Taguig". He agreed but I told him to wait for a while because I needed to go back for my other bags. T. Jen went to the restroom to 'drop a bomb' according to T. Dinah. So it was only T. Dinah whom I was able to tell farewell. I informed her that I'll be riding a cab on my way home. I left her in the waiting area and went where the cab was waiting. The driver wasn't there to be seen. When I finally saw him, he was smiling and said, "Ay, sorry ma'am, akala ko kasi andun ka sa kabila." He opened the door for the passenger seat and the back seat. I put the PASATAF bag on the backseat while I settled in the passenger seat.

Me to T. Dinah: "Ingat po. ^-^ Nakasakay na ko ng taxi."

T. Dinah: "Ok ingat ka din at wag matulog ha ^-^"

Me: "Opo. Sayang. Di ko na nakita ang iyong Papa (T. Dinah's partner). ^-^"

T. Dinah: "Maybe next time. ^-^"