04.29.2015

Final Plans for Baguio

Wednesday

Me: "Goodmorning ella! Sorry, i fell asleep last night~"

Ella: "Good morning din ate. :) Okay lang po. :)"

---

Pagdating ko sa school. May naka display na copy ng Intrepid Pen (The official school newspaper) sa guard pa lang. And Kuya Cris said he saw a picture of me there. Ooohh. :)) Kinuha ko yung copy ni Kuya Guard, eh may copy rin naman pala sa Faculty. Hahaha. Asaaar. Pero na amaze ako. Puro pictures  of pupils from Guada events yung nakalagay sa newspaper. Ang daming contribution ng mga Guada trainees ni Teacher Jean last school year. In fact, Trisha has her own article as well. I immediately sent Prince and Trisha the snapshot of the Intrepid Pen. Siyempre, nakakaproud kasi.

Aside from this, nakakatuwa ding malaman na may parent na sumulat with a good feedback regarding his son's improvement this summer. Nakaka inspire ulit magturo when we have read the letter of Maty's father even though we know it's really addressed specifically to Teacher Des because Maty is enrolled to Summer Preschool. The letter goes like this:

"Dear Teacher,

I would like to send my personal note to say that you are doing a great job! Maty is very proud that he can read and always finds time to demonstrate this really enhanced skill by stopping  at mall and reading everything out loud. He even demonstrates this even when we are in the living room watching TV.

I always picks him up after school and he is always very enthusiastic to share his new learnings. Though at times I know Maty tends to be very playful, I am very thankful that he still learns a lot through your caring and guiding hands.

My wife and I are looking forward to Maty's further development and we both agree that sending Maty to summer school is worth the time and money. Truly, Int. Montessori is worth it! .

My sister and brother-in-law are both teachers thus I understand the effort you put in day-in and day-out.

Thank you very much!!!

- Alfredo Paglinawan (Father of Albert Maty)

***

When I met my grade 1 class, I was stunned with Sky's enhusiasm. He's very proud of telling me that he takes part of being a Kiddie Crew member in Mcdonalds and it seemed that he's enjoying it. I could tell that he also has interest in my class as long as you give him compliments and tell him he's doing a great job. I was playing with them to make our summer classes fun. And I think they're enjoying it.

Sky: "Can you just be our teacher full time? It's so fun!"

Me: "Really. That's nice. But I can't be the only teacher. You also have other teachers for the other subjects."

Sky: "You know what teacher?"

Me: "What?"

Sky: "I want to marry you."

Me: "(I laughed. Buti pa tong batang to nagpropose na at gusto akong pakasalan. :p) But you're not yet big."

Sky: "Well, I'll marry you when I'm bigger."

After a while, after our discussion about verbs, Sky went to me again and said:

Sky: "I have a question."

Me: "Yes. What is it?"

Sky: "Is killing a verb?"

Me: "Killing is am action word. But Sky, killing is bad."