7

"Did Ethan cheat on you?" Su Yan couldn't help but ask. Although Lillah was an extremely rude and selfish person, Yanner could never truly hate her. As she was the only editor who had faith in Yanner and the only woman whom she had contact with.

"No... What rubbish", Lillah answered her tone hesitant as she hid the tanned line of her finger with her other hand. There was a sadness on Lillah's face that affected Su Yan indirectly as she held herself back from hugging Lillah.

This was what she was scared of. She didn't want to be attached to anyone as in the end Yanner will be left with a broken heart. She didn't want to burden herself with other's grievances. Her heart was already very fragile.

Sighing Su Yan nodded and rushed out of Lillah's office.

***

Su yan was walking around her room.in circles, loud sad music playing through the speakers as she tried to make sense of the plot. The prompt was pretty easy to write on as there were no tags or conditions that came along with the file.

Su Yan picked up a marker from the slab and wrote several words on the whiteboard.

Self-love, depression, orphan and bullying.

Then a smile spread on her face as she patted her bicep. She suddenly felt a bucket of ideas pouring in. Wasting no time Su Yan rushed towards her mini study table.

As she sat down her phone rang making her groan.

"Who?" Her tone was rude as she ground her teeth.

"Yanni..."

Her father's voice said from the other side breaking Su Yan's confidence.

Damn! She was rude to her father.

"Daddy...?" She asked nervously tapping her long nails on the table. Her nervousness was mainly because it has been a long time since they last talked. It was awkward but in a good way. Yanner could feel her throat clogging as she fought the tears from escaping. Her father was the only one who could break her hard exterior, the facade she stood behind.

She wondered if that night her father didn't arrive...

She shuddered at the possibility and tried to compose herself by listening to her father's protective voice.

"How are you darling? It's been a long time, I know. I apologize for not contactin-" Su Yan cut him off.

"No daddy, I understand", She was smiling sadly as she said that. After that incident, Yanner's whole world crashed, her father was still grieving just like her. So to distract himself he seldom worked till exhaustion.

"I miss you, I am thinking of coming back on Monday", He said his voice excited as he informed her making her squeal.

"I will be waiting for you, daddy", She said as the line cut off. A happy smile bloomed on her face as she looked around her room and then started arranging the tables and chairs in the order her father fancied. The thought of the book was long gone from her mind as she excitedly ran around her house, making sure everything was perfect. She knew she was being bizarre but...

She missed her father.

Hopefully, he was returning for good. She could finally be free of those nightmares and live happily with her dear father.

Her phone rang again and this time it was from Lillah.

"Yanner is the cover for 'The Love of a Devil' completed?" Lillian asked softly.

"Yes, it's I have sent you the designs on Gmail", She replied her voice not nervous or anxious as it usually got in Lillah's presence. She felt strong for once. This was the effect her dad had on her.

After a minute her voice echoed from the earphone.

"Su Yan this is pretty but can you make another one as there are no feelings in the sketch?" She silently groaned and closed her eyes.

"Okay, I will make another one",
Su Yan said then they briefly discussed the colour scheme before disconnecting.

Su Yan felt like kicking someone for real, her eyes went to the balloons on the wall and she smiled deviously removing the bobby pin from her hair so her bangs hid her forehead.

The balloons burst to give her the satisfaction she needed and she smiled looking at the mirror. She was wearing a yellow tank top that had stain marks of different paints and crayons.

Since it was Su Yan's favourite top she wore it without any shame. But today looking at the mirror she had the sudden urge to dress up.

Surfing through her wardrobe she found one of her favourite outfits. White tanktop that was held together by lace in the front and blue high waisted jeans.

Changing into them Su Yan tied her hair in a fishtail and let the bangs fall on her face. The outfit made her eyes pop out for some reason. Taking out the boots and a bag to keep her sketch pad in, Su yan left her house with an excited smile on her face. There was this feeling in her stomach that made her want to embrace herself. It was weird but Su Yan liked it.

Climbing into her car she drove towards the club where she previously encountered the handsome stranger. On the entire way, she prayed for that white-haired to be present at the club.

And her wish came true as she entered the club. He was the first person she noticed even though his back was facing her, she could recognise his handsome physique.

Lucifer...

Sighing dreamily she sat a few seats away from him to not draw attention. Placing the sketchbook on the counter she started by drawing his side view. The way his white bangs covered his blue eyes made her feel funny for some reason.

***

I am publishing this chapter through my phone and my keyboard is killing me because of it's weird dance today. It frustrated me and killed my mood.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please vote, share and comment as it motivates me.

And I love you guys