14

"YANNER", Lillah's scream startled Su Yan out of her dream world and she rubbed her heart to soothe the shock she received because of her shrill voice. Sometimes Yanner pitied Lillah's husband, this woman was way too bossy. Taking a deep breath Su Yan stood up and greeted the new director who greeted her back in Mandarin. She loved his sweet smile and calming spirit so only for him she did a complete bow and said 'Ni Hao' with a smile on her face. The kind man repeated her actions and giggled. He was like a cute puppy that gave Yanner mushy feelings.

"Ahem", Lillah cleared her throat breaking their moment. These days Su Yan always lost in her thoughts. She suddenly developed this creepy habit of looking inside one's eyes to understand their feelings. And she was learning, she could read their eye. And her hand reading techniques helped her as well. Most people have learned to school their expressions but their hand gestures gave away their thoughts.

Sometimes it felt like Yanner was invading their personal space by reading their body language. She was almost fluent in the art of reading minds now.

"Did you complete the other half of the story?" Lillah questioned her eyes shining with a bit of jealousy and self conscious thoughts. Yanner could intimidate her easily but she controlled the overflowing temptation and nodded. Opening her file she turned to the page which she scribbled entire night.

Mustering her courage she read out the paper in an emotionless voice.

"The self hate and loath slowly got inside her head. And with a sigh she sat down on the railing, looking at the endless sky that was calling to her. To engulf it in its warm embrace. Anna thought if she died today, her misery would finally be over. So taking  a last glance at her past Anna smiled and jumped. She felt her body getting captured in a freefall. But it stopped too fast. Her stomach almost got hit by the pipe that got hooked on her dress. Helplessness washed over her as Anna tried to climb up the pipe but to no avail. Few minutes passed and she swayed on the steel pipe. Her nylon dress although held the pipe tight enough, Anna could hear the slight streching sounds every few moments. The dress was going to let go of her any moment and then she would be one with the earth. But instead of feeling happy, dread boiled inside her as she stared at the distance between her and the ground. If she died today her body would break into more than 20 pieces. Her organs would fly away and she would never be the same. This scared her and with great courage that suddenly flew inside her Anna unhooked the dress from the pipe and held on it with her slippy fingers. Looking at her target, the balcony just a few meters away, Anna swinged her feet and landed on the railing of the balcony. Sighing in relief she quickly climbed to the other side and thanked Jesus for helping her not commit a sin. One thing Anna knew was that she wouldn't be able to survive in this orphanage for long so instead of taking her life she escaped. Sadly luck was not on her side as she came across tons of mishaps along the way...", Yanner trailed off. She felt slightly guilty for making her character go through so much pain. If this wasn't a screenplay Yanner would have written a cozy romance with heartmelting premise. She despised blood and gore.  It triggered her more than people realized as a writer.

As Yanner prepared to read it further  the kind director asked her to stop the meeting midway as they had some other projects too. She accepted wholeheartedly and packed her stuff to rush out. And she realised all the editors were tired today as well, as their speeds matched hers.

All of them either hated Lillah or this conference hall.

Shrugging she grabbed her cup of expresso and drove to home while singing loudly her brand new favourite song.

BLACKPINK in your area

Been a bad girl, I know I am
And I'm so hot, I need a fan
I don't want a boy, I need a man

Click-clack
Badda bing badda boom
Muneul bakchamyeon modu nal barabom
Gudi aesseo noryeok an haedo
Modeun namjadeuleun kopiga pangpangpang
Pangpang parapara pangpangpang
Jigeum nal wihan chukbaereul jjanjjanjjan
Hands up nae sonen
Bottle full o' henny
Nega malloman deuddeon gyaega naya Jennie

She sat in the car enjoying the song till it ended and disposing the expresso cup she went upstairs. Her home was on sixth floor but she used stairs as elevators gave her the scares. Yanner was doing her dance while climbing the stairs and as she reached her door, she did a three sixty twirl.

"Daaaad", Yanner excitedly called out. Her father rushed out with champagne in his hand and hugged her.

"Do we have a guest?" She asked while hanging her bag on the coat hanger. Her father smiled and nodded.

"I have found an amazing psychiatrist for you. And the best thing is that he is your age", Jen Han said laughing merrily. The drink added colour to his cheeks as he happily hugged his dear daughter.

"Dad... you know it would be very awkward for me", Su Yan complained. She was indeed tired of those useless therapy sessions that did her no good. But her father loved reminding every single time that she wasn't normal by constantly changing psychiatrists if her old symptoms came back.

"Darling I am sure he will be extremely helpful. Luce is one of the-", Yanner cut him off.

"You appointed Luce Cyder as my psychiatrist???" She almost shrieked in anger.  Her father frowned a little confused at her change of tone.

"I did", He said with a half smile as he backed up into their guest room. Probably where Luce was currently seated at.

Yanner stomped her foot and rushed into her room, slamming the door closed. Grabbing her pillow she screamed her frustration into it.

"Fuckkkkkkk"

***

So this is chapter 14...

Note:

This novel is going to be extremely dark. Readers should have grasped it from the title itself. If any of you is light hearted or can easily be triggered, then this my warning for you. Stop reading this book and find a romcom, as this work even makes me sweat in dread.